Am new to this forum and dont know if am posting this on the right place but i have a serious issue with my blackberry tour 9630 it keeps beeping a red light & wont boot up! all previous suggested ways of fixing a nuked bb wont work coz the phone does not get recongised by computer, when i plugin the phone no beep, no sound nothing! & thats where the fun begins! anyway of solving this issue??, i have swapped data cables, tried using new battery, bought new data cables, but still nothing, i have used diffrent computers, installed bb usb moderm drivers on my computer, checked usb port settings but nothing so far has enabled the phone be detected by the computer so as i begin reloading new software, even using the cmd prompt dosent work!

Any help would be much appriciated! & it was an ebay buy with no warranty! help please!
    Last edited by Bangaiza; 09-28-11 at 09:43 AM. Reason: clarify the post
    09-28-11 09:39 AM
    09-28-11 11:58 AM
    I have read that thread & it did not help because the phone does not get detected by the PC, it does not reach step 2 where it detects the bb pin, it just gets stuck on step 1, nothing goes on after that, i have even tried the cmd prompt way of restoring a nuked bb but still it does not go further than step 1.
    09-28-11 12:23 PM
    Remove battery.
    Plug cord into phone and computer.
    That should help but it has been awhile since I bricked my last phone. Fun times though.
    09-28-11 12:32 PM
    Can you just take it to the carrier? Vzw will reload the os on a bricked berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 01:35 PM
    its probably water damaged or has a bad motherboard. However try this before you give up.......

How To ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected 2 - Smartphone Forums
    Bangaiza likes this.
    09-28-11 09:17 PM
    @PKcable thanks will try the steps in provided for in the link, btw do you have any idea what step 5 means by "Go to Options and select "connection settings" 'options' in the deasktop manger or what?
    Hope it works i have tried all means but the biggest issue was getting the BB to be reconnised by the computer coz application loader dosen't procced if the BB is not being "seen" by the PC. hope it works, Thanks!
    09-29-11 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD