Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my ability to choose in the marketplace and that really pisses me off. I'm sick of iOS and Android and I believe I am not alone. I don't like feeling I am being "force fed" something and it is either eat or go hungry. I'm very content to put up with a few inconveniences just to keep my BB 10 devices. I know many of you feel the exact same way.

I sense a "Brexit" in the cell phone industry. Now if only BB can capitalize on it.
    enrod87 and ddp_in like this.
    06-28-16 05:16 AM
    What does a Brexit look like in the cell phone industry? Would you leave the industry?

Would we have even heard of Brexit if <1% of people in the UK wanted to leave the EU?
    06-28-16 06:18 AM
    Yeah, no. There probably aren't 52 people using BlackBerry devices, let alone 52% of the market.
    06-28-16 06:42 AM
    Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my ability to choose in the marketplace and that really pisses me off. I'm sick of iOS and Android and I believe I am not alone. I don't like feeling I am being "force fed" something and it is either eat or go hungry. I'm very content to put up with a few inconveniences just to keep my BB 10 devices. I know many of you feel the exact same way.

I sense a "Brexit" in the cell phone industry. Now if only BB can capitalize on it.
    Unfortunately for you - most people have more pressing worries than the choice of smartphones that is available to them.

Such forum drama - only in crackberry
    Last edited by Ronindan; 06-28-16 at 05:39 PM.
    cribble2k, Sairos, TGR1 and 2 others like this.
    06-28-16 06:48 AM
    Your sense is wrong. The situations have almost zero parallels. The vast (vast!) majority of smartphone users are happy enough with the available options. You aren't even a blip on the radar.
    06-28-16 11:11 AM

I don't think a phone should have that much impact on your daily life. If it "pisses" you off that much then in my opinion it's time to reassess things.
    06-28-16 11:48 AM
    Guess OP thinks Brexit is Greece leaving the EU lol.
    06-28-16 12:16 PM

Briexit probably have more to do with the network providers and tariff monopoly (e.g. O2 and three failed merger). Not sure there's a direct impact on handsets

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 12:37 PM
    Yeah, no. There probably aren't 52 people using BlackBerry devices, let alone 52% of the market.
    In your case that would be 52% using IOS, 48% chooses android. Bb10 didn't even bother voting xD

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 12:39 PM
    In your case that would be 52% using IOS, 48% chooses android. Bb10 didn't even bother voting xD

Posted via CB10
    According to Gartner BB is at 0.2% global, or a little over double the percentage of votes that were spoiled.
    06-28-16 12:43 PM
    I feel that the title of your thread doesn't go on with the topic you're discussing.. I thought you've something to say about Brexit and its effect on the Tech or cell phones industry.. You're click baiting us mate xD.
    06-28-16 01:02 PM
    I feel that the title of your thread doesn't go on with the topic you're discussing.. I thought you've something to say about Brexit and its effect on the Tech or cell phones industry.. You're click baiting us mate xD.
    #brexit (BlackBerry exit) lol
    anon(9742832) and Sairos like this.
    06-28-16 01:10 PM
    The two concepts have zero relation.

But if you really want to run that route... you may want to reflect on the buyers remorse now being experienced by those who voted FOR the Brexit. And consider carefully how it applies (even though it doesn't).
    06-28-16 04:08 PM
    The two concepts have zero relation.

But if you really want to run that route... you may want to reflect on the buyers remorse now being experienced by those who voted FOR the Brexit. And consider carefully how it applies (even though it doesn't).
    "what is bb10" should be a common Google search...
    06-28-16 04:36 PM
    "what is bb10" should be a common Google search...
    Somebody gets it. =)
    06-28-16 04:37 PM
    What does a Brexit look like in the cell phone industry? Would you leave the industry?

Would we have even heard of Brexit if <1% of people in the UK wanted to leave the EU?
    That actually is pretty close to the margin of difference in the Quebec referendum back in the nineties (in Canada), lol. The spoiled ballots actually could have tipped the balance depending on how they voted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995

Remember kids, your vote might actually matter. Brexit is interesting because the Polls favoured a remain win going in. But it turns out older voters actually vote when they say they're going to vote, unlike the younger voters who say they're going to vote and then...
    06-28-16 05:43 PM

.... But it turns out older voters actually vote when they say they're going to vote, unlike the younger voters who say they're going to vote and then...
    ... something on Snapchat or Instagram pops up... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-28-16 05:56 PM
    ... something on Snapchat or Instagram pops up... ;-D

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    If only they could vote that way, lol. Without getting into a fight about the result I have zero sympathy for anyone who complains about the result that didn't bother to cast a mail ballot in advance or vote on the day. Hopefully, lesson learned.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-28-16 06:08 PM
    #brexit (BlackBerry exit) lol
    You must've gotten it mixed up with Blexit lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-28-16 06:22 PM
    Hey there are 54 users. I know that as fact as my OS 10 member card is numbered 54.................Woof!
    06-28-16 07:05 PM
    Hey there are 54 users. I know that as fact as my OS 10 member card is numbered 54.................Woof!
    Did they start at 50?
    06-28-16 07:13 PM
    Did they start at 50?
    Smart ***..............49 was the number..........lol......woof!
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-28-16 07:28 PM
    To give some clarification to my opening post, I am speaking from an emotional point of view. No political correlation intended. No percentages nor numbers nor countries. I do believe there is an underlying "Brexit" attitude that is tired of not getting what we as consumers want. I know you think I'm a little bit crazy, but that's all right. I look at how Apple used to present new iPads, iMacs, iPhones, iTouchs, AppleTV, etc. every couple a years. A new feature showed up. Every couple of years, old features were discontinued. What, no CD player? What, I gotta buy different chargers? I know it is my choice what I buy and don't buy. I get it. Sometimes I still feel like I'm getting hosed.

I believe there are lots of people (remember the polls in GB were incorrect and did not represent to actual sentiment of the people) who would jump at a new and fresh cell phone. I believe the customers are usually right. We will eventually drive the market place back to where there is more competition and the "players" will actually listen to us.

My point is not nearly as deep as some of you are. I'm much more simple.
    06-28-16 08:41 PM
    To give some clarification to my opening post, I am speaking from an emotional point of view. No political correlation intended. No percentages nor numbers nor countries. I do believe there is an underlying "Brexit" attitude that is tired of not getting what we as consumers want. I know you think I'm a little bit crazy, but that's all right. I look at how Apple used to present new iPads, iMacs, iPhones, iTouchs, AppleTV, etc. every couple a years. A new feature showed up. Every couple of years, old features were discontinued. What, no CD player? What, I gotta buy different chargers? I know it is my choice what I buy and don't buy. I get it. Sometimes I still feel like I'm getting hosed.

I believe there are lots of people (remember the polls in GB were incorrect and did not represent to actual sentiment of the people) who would jump at a new and fresh cell phone. I believe the customers are usually right. We will eventually drive the market place back to where there is more competition and the "players" will actually listen to us.

My point is not nearly as deep as some of you are. I'm much more simple.
    I really doubt the idea that there's a significant drive for change in the mobile market. According to Gartner, 98.9% of the mobile phone market is fine with iOS or Android, with that number increasing quarterly. The new thing is either getting more phones in the hands of more people (where they would probably be a Micromax/Xiaomi running Android) or making accessories to run with your phone (smartwatches, home automation, IoT), which itself is irrevocably tied into the app ecosystem around iOS or Android. The barrier to entry for a new player that won't fizzle out in a couple quarters is impossibly high.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-28-16 08:45 PM
    Phones are now commodities just like computers. Just like a new laptop with a wizbang OS isn't going to shake up the personal computer space, a new phone or new phone company isn't either.
    app_Developer and Ronindan like this.
    06-28-16 08:46 PM
31 12