Hi all,

Brand new to Blackberry and heard about this site so thought I would sign up.

I own a Bold 9700 on Virgin, I�m on the �20 a month contract and loving the phone, I have owned it just under a week now. Is the 9700 a decent model? I don�t really know much about the rest.

As I�m new to Blackberry�s what Apps can you recommend me? Are the any must haves etc...?

Feel free to add my PIN

Advice appreciated, thanks

Byron
    04-26-10 08:34 AM
    LOL. Yes the 9700 is a "decent" model. As a matter of fact, the specs and user opinion say its the best offering by RIM to date. Enjoy your Berry, you have the best.
    04-26-10 08:47 AM
    Its better then my phone...
    04-26-10 09:04 AM
    Congrats on the 9700, and welcome to CrackBerry, it's the #1 place for BB information, in my opinion.

There are a few good apps that I enjoy using, but to be honest it's all about what you're interested in. Here are a couple of my favorites:

BerryBuzz: Allows you to customize your LED alert colors for different types of notifications, as well as how often they flash, how long they flash, etc. For example, I use white for SMS, Blue for Facebook, Purple for BBM, etc. It's really helpful to know what messages you have sitting out there.

BerryWeather: Arguably the best weather app for BB. Allows you to make your own weather wallpaper which updates at times that you set. Very detailed, fantastic app, but it is a little pricy at $10 (don't know how that translates out to which ever currancy you use.)

Facebook: Pretty self explanitory, works with your BB e-mail push service to deliver instant notifications when something happens with your FB profile, such as wall post, comment, friend request, etc.

Twitter: While it's currently in "Beta" form, if you use Twitter than this app will do the trick. I just recently got into Twitter, so this is the only app that I've ever used, but there are alot of people saying it's the best one available, just what I've heard.

ScoreMobile: Not sure if it will do you any good, not sure exactly where you're located, but I use this app to keep up on sports scores.

Google Maps: I perfer this to BB Maps, the UI is nice, it offers layers, real time traffic updates, it's a fantastic application.

Those are just a few that I like to use, make sure to check around on the CB app store, as well as the App World, and give some a try!

If you ever have any issues, we're here for you. If you do run into a problem, make sure to search the forums prior to starting a new thread. There's a good chance that someone else has run into the same problem that you're having, and you can usually find the answer that way, and if not, just ask!
    04-26-10 09:12 AM
    Welcome to our community Byr0n! You have found the number 1 site for Brackberry users AND abusers! Anyways, don't miss our Blackberry 101 series which is here...

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

And the following 2 sections......

The 9700 Forum - http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/

The 3rd Party Apps Forum - http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/

If you have any other questions or problems just ask away! And always feel free to contact me personally via PM or email.
    04-26-10 09:15 AM
    Definitely get the facebook app! And I also like 'SudokuLite', I used to hate Sudoku until I could do it on my phone, passes the time when Im watching crap on TV
    04-26-10 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys, i will looks into the above mentioned apps. I already have a dificulty looking for an eBay app though but will post this on the 9700 forum

Im based in UK, is this an American forum as you guys all seem to be from across the water
    04-26-10 10:19 AM
    Congrats on your 9700 and Welcome to CB forums

To add on the list of recommended apps: filescout, poynt, quick launch, smrtguard .... Checkout those apps and if you feel that they are useful, you can download it from app world or from the CB store.

By the way, I'm in Birmingham, UK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ST79; 04-26-10 at 10:34 AM.
    04-26-10 10:31 AM
    Welcome aboard and you picked a great first BlackBerry.

In addition to the links my colleague PKcable listed, please read through the Posting
    Rules and Guidelines in my signature. You will be well on your way.

And of course if you run into any issues, we are here for you. This place has some
    of the smartest people on the net and they will get you squared away in short order
    04-26-10 10:47 AM
    04-26-10 11:03 AM
    My favorite apps are

Meterberry
    Berry Weather
    and Berry Buzz
    04-26-10 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys, i will looks into the above mentioned apps. I already have a dificulty looking for an eBay app though but will post this on the 9700 forum
    You should be able to find the Ebay app thru the App World, that's where I found it.
    04-26-10 12:13 PM
    BerryBuzz
    UberTwitter
    PodTrapper

Welcome to the forum!!!!!
    04-26-10 12:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry forums. With more than 2 million (I believe that is right) registered members people come from all around the world. You will find lots of UK members depending on the time of day of posting.

Favorite apps in my hands:
    QuickLaunch--combines functions of many other apps rolled into one
    BerryWeather--even keeps track of London weather as we plan a trip
    UberTwitter and Snaptu are my social forum choices

With the 9700 in hand you should have no trouble running all the apps you find you need. That is one very fine device.
    04-26-10 02:01 PM
    Welcome to the Forum.

Must have Apps:
    Free Apps

Other
    BlackBerry APP World, Opera Mini 5, Google Mobile App.

Social Networking & Instant Messaging
    Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Linkedin (if you use any of these), Windows Live Messanger, Yahoo Messanger, Google Talk and AIM (if you use any of these also)

Messaging & Syncing
    CrunchSMS and Google Mail Mobile (essential if you use Google Mail)

Blogging
    tumblr and Wordpress (if you use these)

Navigation
    Google Maps

Paid For

Berry Blab (essential for using this forum while mobile, a lot easier than using the browser version and a bargain at $2.99, Free limited version also available) and Call Control Pro (essential for controlling unwanted tele marketing calls $7.99 on App World, also there is a free trial available before you purchase and a free lite version available also).

An essential website to join is the BlackBerry Beta zone

https://www.blackberry.com/beta/defa...ct=index&item=

Roland
    04-26-10 02:11 PM
    Its better then my phone...

10 character
    04-26-10 02:16 PM
    Thanks again for the welcomes and app recommendations I'm stating to get used to my bold now, will take on board your comments and check your links out. Ooo look I'm posting now on my blackberry

04-26-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD