I'm a sucker! Well... now that I have this phone, what can to do? The splash screens says "icemobile." Was in a hurry and had the seller start the phone and navigate, but now it's mine. Have the sellers number, so maybe turn into the fraud department at the local police station?

Is this phone good for anything? Sell it on Ebay, but as what? I've seen many Chinese knockoff phones, but they are not described as something they are not. Would just like to do something with the phone and not make it a complete loss.

Thanks,

--jp
    07-01-11 01:42 AM
    That's bad, must've been bloody peeved. I guess there's not much you can do if you do not have any proof of transaction. But do try the police. Just curious, how much did it cost you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pkcable; 07-01-11 at 10:46 AM. Reason: language
    07-01-11 02:02 AM
    I'm sorry, but are there Torch replicas?
    07-01-11 02:07 AM
    IceMobile - Full Service Mobile Agency

Ice Mobile is a carrier, the odds are good that is a genuine BlackBerry.

If you have any doubt, open the back, remove the battery and check the manufactures label.
    07-01-11 02:15 AM
    Do you have any piocs of the phone?
    07-01-11 02:19 AM
    ^Yah, I would like to see some pics... not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious! haha
    07-01-11 03:54 AM
    You'd better go to the police cause it's a Torch replica. Twilight Touch - Silver
    07-01-11 04:40 AM
    I'll post the pics later. It says Blackberry Torch, no where is ICEMobile listed except in the OS. Assuming this phone is not really worth anything or compatible with any US cellular networks. Product is probably illegal anyway.

Have the seller's cell phone number, video of transaction, and txt.

Yeah, this is proof that there are plenty of little thugs selling these phones.
    07-01-11 08:58 AM
    MOD - Can you please correct my spelling in the title. Feel stupid enough already, but usually can spell correctly.

Thanks,

--tj
    07-01-11 10:38 AM
    MOD - Can you please correct my spelling in the title. Feel stupid enough already, but usually can spell correctly.
    Done.

Quick check for you, I have never heard of a counterfeit with software that looks anything like real RIM products.

In the Home Screen, hold the ALT key and press EACE in sequence. On a genuine BlackBerry this should display the RIM "Help Me" screen with software and hardware info, including the IMEI and device PIN (don't post them here). They should match the IMEI and PIN marked on the label under the battery.

If you have a match you have a real phone. Feel free to post back and ask if you need help getting it working.
    07-01-11 10:53 AM
    Done.

Quick check for you, I have never heard of a counterfeit with software that looks anything like real RIM products.

In the Home Screen, hold the ALT key and press EACE in sequence. On a genuine BlackBerry this should display the RIM "Help Me" screen with software and hardware info, including the IMEI and device PIN (don't post them here). They should match the IMEI and PIN marked on the label under the battery.

If you have a match you have a real phone. Feel free to post back and ask if you need help getting it working.
    No WONDER the spelling was correct when I checked it, you had JUST fixed it.
    07-01-11 10:57 AM
    This is definitely counterfeit. Filing the police report with my local Police Department today. Ouch! This one really stings!

Funny thing was this seller called me back and tried selling another one for half the price. It would be easy to set this person up and have them arrested, but guess it's not that easy. I'd be more than willing to help with an operation like that considering.
    07-01-11 12:05 PM
    That really sucks, sorry about your luck. Keep us posted on if the police will actually do anything about it.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 07-01-11 at 12:12 PM. Reason: sp
    07-01-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD