What should I expect? Do you think they will try to get my money back for me? (i'm assuming not)
    In a word? No. They probably won't do anything.

Only thing I could think of to do would be have a friend respond to another ad. Then when he meets, demand your money back. May work. Might not.
    06-26-12 08:41 AM
    You can only make phone calls and text, data wont work on your phone. To call RIM, call your provider, ask them to transfer you to RIM. That way you won't have to pay to RIM's service. But I doubt not much RIM can do about it, well hey, just give it a try.
    What is considered data? So, BBM won't work, email will or will not work? What about browsing on the network? Is that all that won't work?
    06-26-12 04:33 PM
    You have a very smart looking dumbphone. The phone is good for voice and SMS (just like model year 1995 phones). Anything else is data. You won't be able to use BBM, email, most data driven apps, and any browsing will be very constrained to the hotspot browser probably over wifi.

My advice is to report this to police and let them run with it. If there's a chance of picking up an offender with multiple stolen phones it has a chance of interesting them - mainly because where there are stolen phones there are usually more serious crimes. Whatever you do, this is not the time to consider street justice.
    06-26-12 04:45 PM
    You have a very smart looking dumbphone. The phone is good for voice and SMS (just like model year 1995 phones). Anything else is data. You won't be able to use BBM, email, most data driven apps, and any browsing will be very constrained to the hotspot browser probably over wifi.

My advice is to report this to police and let them run with it. If there's a chance of picking up an offender with multiple stolen phones it has a chance of interesting them - mainly because where there are stolen phones there are usually more serious crimes. Whatever you do, this is not the time to consider street justice.
    Thank you very much. So, everything that won't work is:

BBM
    email
    internet browsing (not wifi)
    data apps

Is that it? Anything missing? I don't have a data plan anyways, just a BBM plan. so the only thing I'm missing out is BBM. So it's not THAT bad, gotta look on the bright side always right?

Thx!
    06-26-12 06:16 PM
    In my years of being on the CB forums, it has been really, really rare to see a post about a
    BB's PIN actually being blocked by RIM. It takes some time and patience to get through to
    RIM sometimes.
    06-26-12 06:20 PM
    This absolutely sucks OP, sorry to hear about the situation. This is my number one fear with buying a Blackberry used from someone, without the PIN# being in good standing, you are screwed on all data services... Not fun.
    06-26-12 06:27 PM
    Who buys a used phone anyways?!
    06-26-12 06:54 PM
    People who can't afford a new one.
    06-26-12 10:41 PM
    Bought my current one used, for around $20. It was a great bargain! Somebody else bought my old 9850 last night on eBay for $200, and he (or she) is getting a great phone.
    06-27-12 08:46 AM
    Picked up my 9700 off ebay for $75, and will soon be getting my 9810 for $210. That's why one buys used phones....because I cannot afford the bills for a new one, and do not want to be locked in when bb 10 is on the horizon.
    06-28-12 03:32 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD