Hello newbie here. I just purchased a used Blackberry 8320 that did not have a sim card. Bought a Telus Micro SIM in hopes to transfer the phone to my existing account. Obviously I found out the card is too small for the slot. So now before I make any further attempts with this I would like to find out if there is an adapter that I can use to make this SIM card usable in my blackberry?
    Thanks, Kim
    12-30-10 05:55 PM
    Yes. Look on eBay, Google and Amazon for a micro SIM adapter.
    12-30-10 06:08 PM
    unfortunately your phone will not work on the Telus network.
    Only blackberrys like the 8320 do not work on HSPA+ networks, and unfortunately telus does not have a 2G GSM backbone to fall back on.

You can activate it on Rogers or Fido if you wish.
    12-30-10 06:12 PM
    Be careful with the SIM adapters. I ruined a Samsung Epix using an adapter and the micro SIM when I had my iPhone 4. It would not seat properly, and when I went to remove it, the adapter caught on the metal clips that read the SIM, and 2 of them ripped right out.
    12-30-10 06:31 PM
    ^^Yeah, I've heard quite a few stories like that.
    12-30-10 06:34 PM
    Heavy, that was probably a QC problem

I had 2 microsim adapaters, 1 broke right off, the other worked perfectly.
    12-30-10 06:35 PM
    I am not sure why they had to deviate away from the standard SIM card. What is the purpose of this, and why did they do it? Just makes for that much more confusion, and opens the market even more for craptastic products to enter the market that can damage your phone.
    12-30-10 07:01 PM
    agreed heavy. normal sim worked fine...now iphone4/blackberry cross users have trouble
    12-30-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD