On my home screen it has Berry Weather and underneath it says, No Data.

Also, in settings underneath Homescreen/Notifications Icon I have the box checked for show temperature icon in notification area. I'm not getting a temperature icon in the notification area.

The only thing I can see with the app is when I click on the app, it brings up a 5 day forecast with the current temp. along with a 5 day forecast.
    03-09-11 08:32 PM
    Did you re boot?
    03-09-11 08:38 PM
    Yes, more than once.
    03-09-11 08:49 PM
    Also, if you have already re-booted after install, sometimes the data doesn't seem to update. So open Berry Weather, bring up the menu, and select Update All. I've had the No Data issue and this usually takes care of it. Otherwise I recommend the good old battery pull, but the update has always worked for me.
    03-09-11 08:49 PM
    I did bring up the menu and select update all, that didn't fix it. I did a battery pull as well.

Also, if you have already re-booted after install, sometimes the data doesn't seem to update. So open Berry Weather, bring up the menu, and select Update All. I've had the No Data issue and this usually takes care of it. Otherwise I recommend the good old battery pull, but the update has always worked for me.
    03-09-11 08:52 PM
    Also, my berry weather on the home screen looks like a umbrella, is that what its suppose to look like?
    03-09-11 09:04 PM
    That's what it looks like when there isn't any data. Did you set your location on it?
    03-09-11 09:30 PM
    After playing around with it for about an hour, I finally got the temp icon. Under settings I clicked on the "set as home" and that put the temp. icon in the center right where the universal search bar is. Is it possible to move the temp. icon to a different location on the screen? I searched for this option for awhile but couldn't find it.
    03-09-11 09:34 PM
    No. Location of the temp icon is dependent on BerryWeather and on the theme.
    03-09-11 09:42 PM
    It is the first time Google has had to reach into already-purchased phones to remove dangerous applications that customers have voluntarily installed.
    03-09-11 11:04 PM
    It is the first time Google has had to reach into already-purchased phones to remove dangerous applications that customers have voluntarily installed.
    Uh... wrong thread?
    03-09-11 11:47 PM
    After playing around with it for about an hour, I finally got the temp icon. Under settings I clicked on the "set as home" and that put the temp. icon in the center right where the universal search bar is. Is it possible to move the temp. icon to a different location on the screen? I searched for this option for awhile but couldn't find it.
    The icon appears at the top right corner when the app is moved to the first slot of the application list. If you want to move the location of the icon, you can only do it if you move the app to a different slot. If you do that, the icon is going to be included in your application list and will look like the "messages" or "email" icon looks like.
    03-10-11 03:04 AM
    Uh... wrong thread?
    Seriously, but now I kinda wanna know what that conversation was about. LOL!
    03-10-11 03:05 AM
    aab - I'm not sure what you mean by first slot of the application list? When I click on my application folders the berry weather icon is not even in my application folder(its on my home screen)

The icon appears at the top right corner when the app is moved to the first slot of the application list. If you want to move the location of the icon, you can only do it if you move the app to a different slot. If you do that, the icon is going to be included in your application list and will look like the "messages" or "email" icon looks like.
    03-10-11 07:07 AM
    He's talking about the icon for the Berry Weather app.

If you have a theme with a slot for a weather icon, moving the Berry Weather icon to the first position when you bring up all the apps will cause the application icon to show up in the slot for the weather icon. This is theme-specific and not part of the "stock" theme. The temperature icon's placement, though, no, it can't be changed by you. I wish it could, but it can't.
    03-10-11 07:27 AM
    He's talking about the icon for the Berry Weather app.

If you have a theme with a slot for a weather icon, moving the Berry Weather icon to the first position when you bring up all the apps will cause the application icon to show up in the slot for the weather icon. This is theme-specific and not part of the "stock" theme. The temperature icon's placement, though, no, it can't be changed by you. I wish it could, but it can't.
    Actually you can get it to display more centrally on your home screen. Open BeWeather, hit the BB key and selecyt Settings. Select Homescreen Wallpaper, check the first Enable button, and set any other options. Exit and save. Whatever you set up to display will show up over your Home page wallpaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD