just a note to all the boostberry 8350i diehards out there:

i noticed today on app world there was an app called life in pocket i switched from the native browser to the hotspot browser and downloaded it. IT IS AWSOME, after switching back to the native browser i tried it out and went about 50 miles north and into wisconsin from illinois. the voice commands work great the navigation is accurate and it has a ton of other features. (facebook, youtube, gas finder, entertainment) tons of stuff.

this app can use the native maps or it can use google maps as its foundation app, i left mine to use google maps for personal reasons and i never tried it with the blackberry maps. it worked great for me using the native browser. the app is free and promises to remain free. hurry brfore blackberry removes it.

check it out its quick fast and easy.
    04-09-11 09:22 PM
    If anyone would like the link to the application, here it is on App World:
    LifeInPocket GPS Life Enrichment and Navigation
    04-09-11 09:26 PM
    thanks, i was just looking through the forums after i posted this and seen that a few users had tried it out about a year back but noone really followed up on it, one person said they had it and it worked and the other said they were downloading it and then no more mention of it. it seems to work great for me.

thanks again for following up with the link.
    04-09-11 09:35 PM
    Btw Mrpinners, just a heads up for you (or anyone else looking to use LIP), being that there's no way to have BIS on a 8350i that's on Boost, there's no way you can use BBmaps. It requires BIS to work, so I'm betting if you want to use Life in Pocket your gonna have to also have gmaps downloaded to your phone. I may be wrong on this, but I've never heard of anyone being able to use Blackberry Maps on a 8350i that was on Boost. Good information to know though, because turn by turn GPS apps are hard to come by on the 8350i(on BM anyways). Thanks for the heads up.
    04-10-11 05:23 AM
    Btw Mrpinners, just a heads up for you (or anyone else looking to use LIP), being that there's no way to have BIS on a 8350i that's on Boost, there's no way you can use BBmaps. It requires BIS to work, so I'm betting if you want to use Life in Pocket your gonna have to also have gmaps downloaded to your phone. I may be wrong on this, but I've never heard of anyone being able to use Blackberry Maps on a 8350i that was on Boost. Good information to know though, because turn by turn GPS apps are hard to come by on the 8350i(on BM anyways). Thanks for the heads up.
    BBmaps will work on the the 8350i on Boost Mobile, all you have to do is go into options> service books and delete 5 click ipppp.
    still83fifty likes this.
    04-10-11 08:21 AM
    it seems to work best with gmaps, bbmaps seems to drag a bit. and it doesnt do much good if your gps tells you to turn 20 yards past the intersection. it does work with bbmaps as long as the service books are modified as per the last entry. maybe the lag time was a personal issue.
    04-10-11 08:01 PM
    Never knew that HT, thanks for the heads up.
    04-11-11 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD