Right now i have the Bold 9650, Im going to upgrade to the Torch 9800 when alltel switches to at&t. I was wondering if the torch is as good of a phone. What problems are you people having with the Torch? If there is a better blackberry which one should i get? thanks for the help.
    04-18-11 08:32 PM
    Right now i have the Bold 9650, Im going to upgrade to the Torch 9800 when alltel switches to at&t. I was wondering if the torch is as good of a phone. What problems are you people having with the Torch? If there is a better blackberry which one should i get? thanks for the help.
    There isn't an extended Battery for the Torch yet,

I am very very pleased with my Torch I had come from the 9630 and the upgrade was excellent. I miss the coverage CDMA brought over GSM, but over all once taking the time to get used to the much thinner keyboard the Torch is an excellent upgrade though it is only a marginal upgrade.
    04-18-11 08:47 PM
    I switched from a Torch to a 9780 since I didn't like the sliding keyboard. The virtual keyboard wasn't good enough for frequent messaging. I'm happy with the Bold now! It has a super battery life too.
    04-18-11 08:48 PM
    I would hate to own the torch. Think you be better off with your bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 01:39 AM
    OP, I recommend going into a store and testing out both and go from there.

Usually you can get a grasp of each device in a good hour, so do it on a day off.

Me personally I love the bold series, but that is just me.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 01:46 AM
    i would go 9780, great to use
    04-19-11 03:06 AM
    The choice of BB is really between the Torch or the Bold, and whether you prefer slider or monobloc. Get down to a phone store for some hands-on time and see how the different devices feel in use. Also remember there are new phones scheduled for release soon, and it might be pointless making up your mind too far ahead of the change.
    04-19-11 04:02 AM
    I left my 9650 for the Torch and have no regrets...I love my Torch and have no issues with it at all.

Its all about personal prefrence but like Branta said go to a store and check it out for yourself and see what works best for you.
    04-19-11 12:00 PM
    My girl has a torch and I have a 9650. The torch is pretty sweet, snappy and fast. The touchscreen definitely is awesome with OS6.

Try it out. I love my bold and the torch is sweet. If you can wait for the new line of BBs coming out, I'd suggest that.
    04-19-11 01:03 PM
    Played with the Torch and really liked it! Can't stand ATT!! Gonna ride with the 9650 for a while and see what BB6.1 devices have to offer as the more I read about it, the more intrigued I become.
    04-19-11 05:20 PM
    I would recommend you wait for next month to hear RIM's official announcement of new phones. You might want to wait for a bit...
    04-19-11 06:54 PM
    You can't get a feel for the phone without using it. Try it out, if you don't like it, take it back
    04-19-11 08:48 PM
    The torch is a good phone and much more powerful then the 9650.

I love my 9650 but I would like a Torch, but as long as AT&T is the only carrier in the US that has the Torch, I will never own one.

You have to consider what network the phone is connected to as well.
    ATT has been doing much demanding and dictating to their customers rather
    then meeting their wants and needs.

Tim
    04-19-11 11:30 PM
    enter the torch subforum man.. and see for yourself....even the ATT rep at the store warned me... should have stayed with my 8900 =\
    04-19-11 11:45 PM
    The torch is a really good phone. a lot of people hate on the device because its not the upgrade people were expecting and many were disappointed. It really comes down to which form factor you prefer. Ill be the first to admit the keyboard on a bold is more comfortable with a less cramped keyboard and not having the slider lips encroaching you top and bottom row like on the torch. That's not to say i didn't get used to the torch keyboard within a couple hours. If I were you I'd wait till summer and then you can take a look at the BB Touch, the Bold Touch or the Torch 2. I'd be real pissed with myself if I bought a Torch1 and the torch2 came out two months later. Good luck :P
    04-20-11 06:46 AM
    I already have the torch. The phone is going to be activated next week when alltel switches to at&t. I have 30 days to switch to a different phone. the touch seems like a good phone but haven't used it for talking or texting yet. Just wondering what you people think of the it or Is there a better phone. Thanks.
    04-20-11 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD