Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    OK here goes I obught a couple of storms off line and tried to unlock them. I bought the codes and went through the process enter the codes and phone said code accepted so I turned the phone off restored the connections and nothing. It is like my sim card isnt even in there. I asked the people I bought the codes from and they said it sounded like it was still locked since on the mepd screen it says network active and at the top it says sim card security disabled. What am I doing wrong why cant I get either one of these phones to recognize the tmobil card. I try to make a call and it says welcome to verizon wireless. Can somebody please help me?
    Last edited by mhw2k; 03-07-09 at 04:17 AM. Reason: wrong term
    03-07-09 04:02 AM
    Storm is CDMA and T Mobile GSM does not work
    03-07-09 11:07 AM
    OK here goes I obught a couple of storms off line and tried to unlock them. I bought the codes and went through the process enter the codes and phone said code accepted so I turned the phone off restored the connections and nothing. It is like my sim card isnt even in there. I asked the people I bought the codes from and they said it sounded like it was still locked since on the mepd screen it says network active and at the top it says sim card security disabled. What am I doing wrong why cant I get either one of these phones to recognize the tmobil card. I try to make a call and it says welcome to verizon wireless. Can somebody please help me?
    If it says "Network: Active" then it's still not unlocked. It should say "Network: disabled." Forget what it says at the top. Your phone still isn't unlocked. Once it's unlocked, your T-Mobile SIM card will work in it.
    03-07-09 02:01 PM
    I have a storm that is unlocked and it says network active but I put my tmobile sim card in it and it works great. So the whole active thing im not sure really matters because like i said this one i have works great. Its the other two that are giving me problems. Thanks
    03-07-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD