Ok i'm with US cellular. They have (for my money) THE best service. But the best i'm going to get from them is a tour for a while. Would it be worth my money to switch to Verizon for a bold? or are they that close in specs and operation that i should stay with USCC? Mind you i know the bold comes with WiFi and while it would be neat to have its definitely not a deal breaker. Just looking for some opinions here. TY
    10-15-09 06:02 AM
    The Bold is a GSM-only phone. It isn't available from Verizon. You should stick with the carrier that gives you the best service. A phone full of features that won't work is just costume jewelry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 06:13 AM
    Stay with UScellular, the Tour is a good device...

The Bold is GSM and isn't available for Verizon
    10-15-09 06:28 AM
    I have US Cellular and used the Curve 8330. I will be switching to the Tour when it comes out. The faster processor in the Tour and the additional memory in it makes it an easy choice to upgrade.

I recently tested a Bold for a day, and the performance wasn't noticeably better then my Curve. I was using it with WiFi and tried a couple applications (Audible and the browser).

I researched switching to Verizon. It would cost me around $30 more per month and I would have less minutes to use. I will be sticking with US Cellular for a couple more years at least.
    10-15-09 07:00 AM
    Oh you've got to stick with USCC! Free incomming EVERYTHING! $25 BIS data plan! I say, stick with USCC, upgrade to the Tour, and you shouldn't be disapointed. This is what I'm going to do when it becomes upgrade time for me!
    10-15-09 08:00 AM
    The Tour is right around the corner for USCC. I've been patiently waiting for its arrival at USCC.

With the number of incoming calls I get, USCC has been great with free incoming everything - I don't think I have gone over my plan minutes in over a year, yet my total number of minutes used is almost always double my plan minutes.

As much as new phones intrigue me on other carriers, I'm planning on sticking with USCC for now. I would love to see the Storm2 or Essex come out on USCC around the same time as other carriers, but I'll still be happy with the Tour.
    10-15-09 08:00 AM
    Sorry i was thinking about the 9700 that will be coming in the months ahead. Yes USCC is a very good provider. Are all/most of the initial problems with the tour sorted out?
    10-15-09 08:37 AM
    Yes, the few things that weren't going well with the Tour seemed to have been resolved.
    10-15-09 09:54 AM
    Tour FTW!!!!

10-15-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD