If I connect my TomTom GPS device to my BlackBerry Bold via Bluetooth, is that considered "tethering"? My GPS can get fuel prices along my route, and traffic updates as long as it has a data connection.

When I do it, the BlackBerry Bold says something at the top with the word "modem" in it. Will AT&T charge me for data tethering?

Thanks.
    06-09-09 08:48 PM
    GK, can you tell me how you get this to work? I've not been able to get my TomTom (on a Dell Axim) to recognize my 8900's GPS to tether.
    06-09-09 09:11 PM
    GK, can you tell me how you get this to work? I've not been able to get my TomTom (on a Dell Axim) to recognize my 8900's GPS to tether.
    The TomTom GPS only uses the BlackBerry for a data connection. The GPS functionality is still done by the TomTom GPS device. They are connected via Bluetooth. Both devices have to have Bluetooth for this to work.
    06-09-09 09:14 PM
    Darn, that won't help my situation. I have TomTom software on my old PDA and am trying to tether the BB to it to provide the GPS (eliminate the stand-alone GPS receiver). Thanks for the quick answer.
    06-09-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD