I've been using my trusty Curve with AT&T for two years-- and also have a Verizon "dumb phone." I'm thinking about consolidating and going with one carrier/device. Any thoughts on whether to:

1) Get a Bold. Love the screen and the feel. Size seems bigger and bulkier than my Curve.

2) Get a Storm. Not sure about the touch screen. Love Verizon's reliability, but hate their coercive pricing and wish the Storm were wi-fi enabled.

3) Stick with my Curve. It's comfy to use-- but slow compared to 3G and Wi-fi, the OS seems dated, and I'm a sucker for having new gadgetry every two years.

Thanks in advance for opinions and recommendations.
    03-07-09 09:53 AM
    I would get the Bold. That thing is so like hot. It's pretty. and AT&T is all fancy with their fancy stores, and their fancy commercials... AND THEIR EXPENSIVE PLANS!
    03-07-09 10:04 AM
    I'm holding out for a Bold perhaps? Was thinking iPhone, bit moving away from the touch screen. I like to push buttons.

My problem is my service us US Cellular, and there is no plans for updated phones. Maybe late 2009?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 10:10 AM
    i have both the curve 8900 and the bold. i like the curve 8900 cuz its has that small form factor and nice camera/flash. the bold is an executive phone. well built, awesome screen, big keyboard, but has a crappy camera and flash. i like to flip between the bold and curve 8900.
    03-07-09 10:12 AM
    NIAGARA.....nuff said.
    03-07-09 12:16 PM
    Can't go wrong with the Bold!!!
    03-08-09 06:42 PM
    If you MUST get a new one now, the Bold is the way to go. If you're willing to wait until the summer, the Niagara should be out, which would be the device I'd go with.
    03-08-09 06:47 PM
    For me the touch screen on the storm makes it a no-go. The 9000 and 8900 are both amazing and better suited for different persons.

I've owned both, and I got rid of my 9000 for the 8900. The 8900 has ~150mb free whereas the 9000 has ~50mb. When you start to install a lot of apps you may start to notice lower performance on the 9000. If you care the 9000 has ~850mb of internal space for media, NO APPS HERE (I couldn't care less I have a big microSD card)

Despite what a lot of people say, they're both very portable. Yes, the 9000 is bigger, but it's not like it's going to pull your pants down. I found both easily pocket-able.

The keyboard is easier to get used to on the 9000, but the 8900 did not take much longer.

The camera on the 9000 (2.0 mp) is poor, maybe decent. I find the camera on the 8900 (3.2 mp) much superior. The auto-focus really helps.

I chose the 8900 over the 9000 due to its internal memory (I install a lot of apps, so this is the BIGGEST need for me), its slightly better battery life, its higher resolution, but smaller screen (which I find comfortable), and its camera (wasn't big 'plus' for me, but it moved me a millimeter closer).

I'll be buying a 9000 as a backup sooner or later, and by backup I mean every second day device.. or weekly. I like both devices, just the 8900 served my immediate needs better
    03-08-09 07:08 PM
    curve curve curve curve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curvecurve curve curve
    03-08-09 07:11 PM
    I am currently a storm user and I feel as though I am missing the functionality of the track ball? Has anyone had considerable usage on both?
    03-08-09 07:25 PM
    bold for the power, storm for the touch, curve for the sexy but strong
    03-08-09 08:57 PM
    curve; seems to be the most stable at this point
    03-08-09 11:22 PM
    I wish I could comment...BUT THE ONLY PHONE SPRINT HAS IS THE CURVE...no, I'm noy bitter.
    03-08-09 11:39 PM
    I would say... do you need it? do you want it?

I chose the Bold for the 3g and the power. It also came with a better browser (a plus) and a size that I've grown to like. It feels more comfortable than any Blackberry I've used/held and that is everyone.

What do you need/want in a phone? Does the Curve already do that for you?

P.S. Don't even look at the Storm. Lol.
    03-08-09 11:45 PM
    Depends on what you want to use it for, if you feel like you cannot live without a keyboard then do no get the storm. If you feel like you will need 3g almost everywhere you go then get a bold and if you have wi-fi almost everywhere you go i would get a 8900. However, to not diminish the storm, it is a great media player (8gb card), very nice screen, and the keyboard in my opinion is very good for a touch screen phone that is if you have .109. Either way you can't go wrong, but i would upgrade and not stay with a 8310 if i were you.
    03-08-09 11:52 PM
    I would stick with your Curve until some other interesting product comes out later this year that wipes the Bold/Storm out of the water. With RIM you know its coming its just a matter of when .

If anything I would stay away from the Storm its almost like there "beta" touch screen device from what others have told me. My biggest mistake when buying my Curve wasn't getting my hands on the Bold instead for the same price offered and it just came days before I signed up. Had I known jack and shyt about BB's I would have got the Bold in a heart beat.
    03-09-09 12:02 AM
    Bold ftw. Ditch the curve if you surf on a BB but provided your telco support 3G
    03-09-09 12:11 AM
    Step 1: Go to ATT Store
    Step 2: Try Bold and Curve
    Step 3: Go to Verizon Store
    Step 4: Try Storm and Curve (again)
    Step 5: Go home and ponder what you have learned
    Step 6: Using a nifty chart, or possibly Ven diagram...decide which phone you like the most.
    Step 7: Realize that while nice, the Curve won't have the speed or utility of the Bold...or the uniqueness, speed, and versatility of the Storm.
    Step 8: Reassess which one you want.
    Step 9: Purchase phone
    03-09-09 08:53 AM
    NIAGARA.....nuff said.
    haha mr. i don't like that phone, oh wait now i do!
    silly ***
    03-09-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD