i have a blackberry curve 8310 through att. i pay for the full text and data als he extra 10 bucks a month for gps. my question is can i go buy an unlocked bold off ebay and just swap the sim card and get exactly what im getting now? data, text, voice, gps without having to do anything extra? just swap sim cards or am i missing a step?
    01-18-09 01:39 PM
    Providing its unlocked yep
    01-18-09 01:42 PM
    is there a downside to this? if att finds out is there a penalty or something? would it be smarter to do it this way and save a copule hundred bucks? sorry new to this and any moire details would be great. thanks
    01-18-09 01:55 PM
    I believe there is a thread on here about a guy who thought he could outsmart ATT or tmobile that same way and he got a nice little bill for $900.00.... don't be a cheapskate, just do it the right way. Integrity always pays off in the end.
    01-18-09 02:03 PM
    is there a downside to this? if att finds out is there a penalty or something? would it be smarter to do it this way and save a copule hundred bucks? sorry new to this and any moire details would be great. thanks
    There is no penalty but you cant just swap your sim card because the bold wont let you use your previous sim or the system shall I say.
    Last edited by cutdacheck2003; 01-18-09 at 02:08 PM.
    01-18-09 02:05 PM
    I believe there is a thread on here about a guy who thought he could outsmart ATT or tmobile that same way and he got a nice little bill for $900.00.... don't be a cheapskate, just do it the right way. Integrity always pays off in the end.
    One before said "Integrity is what you do when others have their backs turned" lol

OP- you can switch your sim between the two devices. The phone does not have to be "unlocked" just make sure it's for the at&t network
    01-18-09 02:08 PM
    so if i won't work then what do u have to do to get it to work?
    01-18-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD