02-08-12 04:22 PM
35 12
    Loved the 8330 keyboard, but my wife hated the loudness of the clicks, especially at the speed I would type. Said it was like some little bug snapping at her.

Then to the Tour, took some adjustment, but I never got to the speed of my Curve, but it was A-ok.

Then on to the Style, and now has become a favorite. The roomier keyboard, the feel of the keys, although flatter than Tour's, is a good fit.

I, however, am looking forward to the Bold Touch. Looks to be the roomiest keyboard I'll have had. The extra screen space will be welcome, although the Style isn't bad in that respect. But with my 'hold' technique, the Style is excellent to type on, because my thumbs have plenty of room to move.

The latest Curve series devices, the keys are just too small, and once you've had an upper-ended BlackBerry, that flat, spaced keyboard just doesn't 'satisfy' like the Bold-style.

But, unlike some devices, at least we have a choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 05:30 AM
    I make infinitely more mistakes on my 9300 keyboard than i did with my 9000. I dont like how much movement the 9300 keyboard has. Also I like the very smooth click that teh 9000 has as opposed to the toy-like sound (feel) of the 9300.
    06-13-11 01:08 PM
    Loved my 8330m

Till I used 9650.

Will love 9930

06-13-11 01:10 PM
    My favourite little phone was my burgundy 8310. LOVED that little thing!!!
    I prefer the Curve keyboard, but I also love the 9650. The 9000 was too big for me, I have very small hands.
    Torch is my least favourite, but I love the device.

Dido on the 8310. I went to the Bold 9700 after and it wasn't the same. I think all these Bold apologists have tiny fingers...

I currently am a Torchbearer (9860) but have been daydreaming of that sweet, spacious Curve keyboard. They had it right with that one!
    02-08-12 11:11 AM
    I loved typing on my 8900, that was my first BlackBerry..so after about 2 years of use on that, I went to Bold and the rest is history. I still have my 8900 though, it was one of the best phones, and still holds up great.
    02-08-12 11:24 AM
    I owned a Curve and now have a Bold 9930. The Bold keyboard took some getting used to because there wasn't any space between buttons. But after extended use, I don't have any issues with it. This is probably the "cushiest" keypad I've ever used. Feels like I'm typing on marshmallows. Love it.
    02-08-12 12:46 PM
    The best BlackBerry keyboard I ever used was on my Curve 8330 hands down and that phone was just pure reliable. After using the Bold 9650s keyboard I quickly got used to it and like it and it doesnt really bother me how close they are.
    I agree

my 8330 was the best keyboard I ever used, the 9900 is second, then the 9000, 9670, 9630, 9700, 9800, 9300

After the 83XX series was changed, the Curve style keyboard wasn't as nice to use.

The shape of the Bold style keyboard is nicer to use with the slightly raised keys which seem to have better feedback than newer Curve keys
    02-08-12 01:16 PM
  8. T
    I'm coming back to this topic. Since I first posted, I've gotten very used to the Bold 9650's keyboard. I loved my 8330m's keyboard, always will and will never knock it, but this Bold keyboard has certain advantages others have already mentioned. I can type without looking better than I could on my Curve (not sure why that is), and it's quieter. For example, I can hide my typing better if I'm on the phone. Also, I was reall fast on my Curve but my typing was more of a pecking. Now, my fingers kind of glide over the Bold.
    02-08-12 03:23 PM
    I've only tried a few curves and have always owned Bolds so obviously I prefer the Bold keyboard. A funny thing though, I started with the 9000 and loved the keyboard and swore I wouldn't go to the 9700 because it looked too small and felt cramped in my hands when I'd try test models in the stores.
    Eventually my 9000 got old and I got my hands on a used 9700 real cheap and got used to the smaller keyboard in no time. Then when the 9900 came out I jumped for joy that I'd be able to get that larger 9000 style kb back. Guess what? I tried it in the store and it just felt to big, I'd gotten used to the smaller style bold kb. Now I'm happily typing away on my 9790 for a few months now.
    02-08-12 04:03 PM
    I went from a 8530 curve which I liked a lot to a 9650 Bold which I also liked but I missed the clicky feedback. The bold's keys are mushy, but the width of the keyboard was better.

Now I have the best of both with the 9350. The keys from the Curve and the width of the Bold.

I'm a happy camper.
    02-08-12 04:22 PM
35 12