Yeah, so dont judge me for spending my money irresponsibly ok? But i just bought the curve a bit over 2 months ago and i love it. But i want the bold...and i want it bad lol. The point of this post is to figure out the best way to go about getting it. I have dropped alot of money on my curve (more than i want to disclose), so heres my questions. From what ive been reading the bold will be released in september for tmo customers...is this pure speculation? If some of you more experienced crackberry users could put a rough estimate on a price tag for the bold, what would your guess be? And how would i go about selling my current curve? I have all these accesories, should i simply bundle them all together and slap a price tag on it and try for ebay?

Also, do you think tmo would try to start me up with some new contract if i went and bought the bold? I just started a 2 year, and i love tmo but if i could somehow get a discount by signing up for another 2 year i would do that too.

I know this could technically be posted in the bold forums, but considering its about selling my curve and the best way to do it. I figured i would post it here. Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Your soon to be empty pocketed bold owner,
    Tony
    07-27-08 05:01 PM
    No one is judging you.

To my knowledge, the bold will be att exclusive for a while, and tmo will be getting the javelin. I suppose you could purchase it outright and unlock it if you really wanted to. I would imagine you would be looking at around $400. You can sell your curve on ebay, craigslist, or the marketplace here on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 05:04 PM
    Yes, from what i have understood the bold will not be at tmo for awhile. Which is fine with me i guess. And i am not comfortable at all with buying a phone and unlocking it. Especially for something like the bold, i would like to be able to pay for the insurance and have a tmo product.

So yeah, thats something i forgot to mention in my op. I want to buy the bold from tmo. Just incase something bad happens to my phone.

Thanks jen, and check out the bold forums..i jumped in on that idiotic thread
    07-27-08 05:09 PM
    Yeah that other thread is ridiculous.

Anyhow, the bold may not be on tmo for quite some time. Prepare to wait, my friend.

07-27-08 05:13 PM
    Then waiting is what ill do I guess. I knew I shouldn't of trusted the posts about it coming out in september.

07-27-08 05:26 PM
    Never believe anything you hear.... Until you see ads on tv, it aint comin out.

07-27-08 05:29 PM
    Another tmo customer here but u know how the saying goes... Good things come to those who wait... So its GAME ON!!! :-)

07-27-08 05:38 PM
    Hi Tony,

I did ask a store rep about the Bold and TMo. He told me there was some doubt if they were even going to offer it. He started talking about a price between $700 and $1000! So if they do offer it, be prepared to pay, a lot. To be honest, I really like my Curve, and I want to see what's coming up in the next year. Since we already have great devices with our Curves, why not wait for the perfect upgrade?

Mike
    07-27-08 06:42 PM
    You honestly think that tmo would pass on selling the bold. As far as 700-1000 bucks goes...they might as well just not sell it. I can't imagine people lining up to pay that for a phone, no matter how good it is.

Regardless, I wanna buy myself a bold and I hope tmo delivers eventually. I don't mind waiting considering I just bought my curve.

If anyone else has heard anything about possible tmo releases feel free to chime in.

07-27-08 11:29 PM
    I'm really getting tired of holding on to my upgrade for the Bold. But I guess that's what AT&T would like for me to do. They would love to see me cash it in on a new Curve then have to shell out full price on a new Bold.

Well, it aint gonna work. I can hold out just as long as you can AT&T.

07-27-08 11:50 PM
    If I were in your shoe, I'd definately wait for the Bold from t-mobile.

07-28-08 03:13 AM
    Oh I am for sure. The thing is I'm not eligible for any type of upgrades because I just bought my curve. But like I said before, I can't imagine tmo not carrying it at all.

07-28-08 04:31 AM
    Patiently waiting

07-28-08 05:49 AM
    To us vzw customers, that means it will be about 2 years before we see a comparable model.
    07-28-08 10:32 AM
    I can't upgrade until next year. In the meantime, I'll check out the trials and tribulations of the early adapters to see if there are any problems. I'm quite happy with the new OS 4.5 on my Curve until then!

07-28-08 10:47 AM
    With TMobile you cannot upgrade your device unless it has been 22 months since the last upgrade.

As for the Bold and TMobile, do not get your hopes up... at all!

Looks like TMobile may get it... may get it... may get it, sometime in Q3 of 2009

The Javelin looks like it will be solid, so we will have to wait and see!
    07-28-08 10:56 AM
    Sigh, q3 of 09!?!? That cut me deep
    07-28-08 12:08 PM
    To us vzw customers, that means it will be about 2 years before we see a comparable model.
    Probably so..Oh well I'll just get the Curve.
    07-28-08 12:12 PM
    Why would tmo pass up selling the bold though. I'm sure people would buy it

07-28-08 01:04 PM
    I am also with t-mobile and I purchased my curve this past May. I spent a lot of time researching the curve here as well as on t-mo website and customer service. While I was talking to one of the cust svc reps, he told me that I should wait until the end of this year to purchase a new blackberry because they would be getting a really awesome blackberry (his words). Of course he could not tell me what the name of the phone was, but he said it would be well worth the wait. I guess we will have to wait and see!!!
    07-28-08 01:49 PM
    I'm on the line with a T-Mo rep right now, they are looking into the Midwest launch of 3G. They confirmed the NYC launch as well.

By the end of 2008 they are launching 20 new markets and KC is on the list! They are 90% sure that T-MOBILE IS GETTING THE BOLD!!

Not sure where that leaves the Javelin.

What would be the chances of them launching both? Unless there is a significant cost difference I can't see them putting both on the market.

I'm still not sold on the Bold's keyboard, but the processing speeds are supposed to be phenomenal!

Bon Appetite!

- B
    07-28-08 02:17 PM
    Interesting bethany, i find it odd that theres no concrete evidence on anything regarding tmo and the bold. I want one badly, and what do you think is wrong with the keyboard?
    07-28-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD