After waiting months and months for ATT to release the 8900, I went tonight and purchased a Bold 9000. Lo and Behold not 3 hours later, ATT releases the 8900 on their site (the luck I have). That being said, I still have a choice...having 30 days to exchange or return the Bold. My question is, which phone is better. Here what I know:

1. The Bold has 3G and the Curve2 doesnt (this doesnt make much of a difference to me)

2. Bold has video and Curve2 doesnt (this also doesnt bother me because I dont use video much, plus Im sure this will come along eventually with a software upgrade.)

3. Bold is slightly bigger/heavier (again, makes no difference to me)

4. Curve2 is said to have a better camera, but Bold has a larger screen.

So, that being said...what should I do? Keep the Bold, or take it back and get the Curve2?
    05-20-09 10:51 PM
    Regarding number 2, the Curve 2 does have video. Not sure if you meant video recording or the ability to watch videos, but it has both.
    Everything else you stated is correct. Since most of those things don't matter to you, I think the best thing for you to do would be to go check out the new Curve at an AT&T store and compare it to your Bold and see which one you like better.
    05-20-09 10:56 PM
    Yeah, how long do you have to return it?
    05-20-09 10:58 PM
    Yeah, how long do you have to return it?
    The OP has 30 days left to return it since he literally just got the Bold.
    05-20-09 11:01 PM
    ^30 days. Compare/Contrast at the store will be your best bet. Hands on is the way to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 11:03 PM
    Do you need 3G?
    05-20-09 11:11 PM
    *about number 2* Oh ok, I didnt know. I was just going on what the comparison on ATT website said.
    05-20-09 11:13 PM
    Oh and I do have to say that I like the curve2's black trackball
    05-20-09 11:13 PM
    *about number 2* Oh ok, I didnt know. I was just going on what the comparison on ATT website said.
    I noticed that.. It did say "Video/3g" and the 8900 didn't have a check mark, whatever that means. I can assure you that you can watch videos and also record videos though. If you take a look here at BB's site it does confirm that it has video recording capabilities.

Oh and I do have to say that I like the curve2's black trackball
    It is quite nice. The nice thing about it, IMO, is that over time it doesn't show any dirt or anything like the Bold's white trackball. It basically stays new looking. I've seen quite a few Bold's that had trackballs that were almost fully unlit when lit because of how dirty they were.
    Last edited by savioAMG; 05-20-09 at 11:20 PM.
    05-20-09 11:17 PM
    The sreen resolution is bigger on the 8900. It wouldn't make a difference really. A phone works, you either like it or not.

05-20-09 11:21 PM
    Not that it matters, but I would have chosen the 8900 over the bold(that I currently own). Reason- I am not in a 3G area. Besides... Battery life is more important than the faster internet.

05-21-09 03:56 AM
    I was in the same decision and I went with the Bold. Couldn't be happier. I was afraid the keyboard would be too small on the Curve.
    05-21-09 08:35 AM
    its all about personal preference, go to a att store and mess with the 8900.
    05-21-09 09:33 AM
    I've had both, I like my 8900 better, auto focus on the camera is pretty cool and the screen is smaller but it's a higher resolution (won't notice it unless you're viewing a lot of media). Both of them are good phones, but if 3G is important, go with the Bold. Smaller keyboard isn't a deal breaker, if you had any other Curve, you'll adjust quickly. Either way, you can't go wrong, both of them are great devices.
    05-21-09 11:09 AM
    Only good things about the bold is 3g
    But the 8900 has so much more better qualities than that
    Plus the browser is fast as heck! Or maybe I'm just patient......?

05-21-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD