I made my decision on staying within the Blackberry family over getting a Droid, now I have another question. Is it worth the extra money to get the Bold? What differences do the two phones have?
    08-30-10 01:37 PM
    Depending on what Bold and Curve you are referring to..

Processors, memory, screen resolution, battery life, and ability to upgrade to the new OS 6 are differences.

You can compare them from the Blackberry website as well.
    BlackBerry - Compare BlackBerry Smartphones and PDAs at BlackBerry.com
    08-30-10 01:40 PM
    The Curve 8530 will not be getting the new 6.0 OS . It does have WIFI and the trackpad. It is a smaller device, but still does a lot. No flash on camera.

The Bold 9650 has everything. It is a global device so if you travel outside the US you can use it if necessary, just have to have the SIM card activated with Verizon. It has the 512 memory, will be supporting the new 6.0 OS and webkit browser when released. Flash camera, includes a 2 gig Micro SD card and case along with other charger adapters if travel outside US. It is WIFI enabled as well, has the trackpad too.
    I have had both and the Bold is much better in my opinion. If you want to be able to have the new 6.0 OS then you definitely need the Bold. It is well worth the extra bucks it costs to have it. Why settle for less when you will be under a contract for two years. I think it is better to have the best.

I am very pleased with the Bold, I did have the Tour and when I got the Curve I did miss the form factor the Tour had. The Bold encompasses it all and it is the flagship device for Verizon. I know it is on Sprint too.

Play with them both, but I think you will see the Bold is the one.
    08-30-10 01:45 PM
    Depending on what Bold and Curve you are referring to..

Processors, memory, screen resolution, battery life, and ability to upgrade to the new OS 6 are differences.

The Bold 9650 or the Curve 8530. I can get the Curve for free, or the Bold for around $100, so the extra money is worth it in this case?
    08-30-10 01:58 PM
    The Bold 9650 or the Curve 8530. I can get the Curve for free, or the Bold for around $100, so the extra money is worth it in this case?
    In my opinion, yes. The 8530 will have an out dated OS soon and will not be eligible for the upgrade. Other than that, the 9650 is a much more solid feeling device with far superior specs. It really depends on what your financial situation is, whether it is worth it or not though. If you can manage to swing the extra $100, I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    08-30-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD