Oh, and if they were on iphones the ride wouldn't happen at all, because they would still be navigating through 58 screens to get to apple's inferior messenger application, lol.
    Excuse me?

2 Taps. That's all it takes to start composing a text on my iPhone.

Tone down the misinformation. I already can't take you seriously but others will quickly follow.
    03-27-12 01:53 PM
    Okay, okay, "Angry Birds" would still work.
    03-27-12 01:55 PM
    Yes, because rather than answering my question about how you have arrived at your misinformed opinion that you present as fact, you choose to just keep throwing around lame remarks about Angry Birds. What's next, a fart app comment?

Hey, I know, how about you ACTUALLY ANSWER A QUESTION?

You aren't deliberately spreading misinformation, are you?
    03-27-12 01:58 PM
    Jake and Ben are cool. They're using their 9900's to network, to meet up and make the night bike ride happen. If they were on android devices, their screens would have frozen up at critical moments.
    Lol wtf are you talking about?

The coolest thing about that commercial is the glowing bikes, not the BB. That's a problem.

Yes, I'm sure Android devices would have frozen just because you think so. Especially at such mediocre tasks that are shown in the video.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-27-12 01:58 PM
    Oh, and if they were on iphones the ride wouldn't happen at all, because they would still be navigating through 58 screens to get to apple's inferior messenger application, lol.
    58 screens? Grow up and learn.

In the dock, everywhere I go.
    03-27-12 02:01 PM
    My opinions about android and the iToy are no less valid than your opinions about the commercials.
    03-27-12 02:05 PM
    My opinion about android and the iToy is no less valid than your opinions about the commercials.
    Your opinions are made up of bs usual angry BB fanboy drivel. You just claimed it takes 58 screens (I know it was exaggerated) to get to a messaging app. You just claimed Android devices will freeze with extremely easy tasks automatically.

No, your opinion is NOT valid because you are basing your opinions off of your own made up nonsense. BBs don't freeze in critical moments right? The hourglass never comes up right? Battery pulls do not prevent you from using your device while it reboots right?

You just sound childish. "Jack and Jen are cool". Who cares about Jack and Jen and if they are cool or not? This is about the BBs, show that the DEVICE is cool.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-27-12 02:06 PM
    The device is cool. The commercial shows that, otherwise I wouldn't be setting the record straight here as I've been doing for a whole pile of posts.
    03-27-12 02:14 PM
    My opinions about android and the iToy are no less valid than your opinions about the commercials.
    There's a big difference between commenting on a commercial and presenting misinformation about fundamental aspects of an operating system on a phone. Answer the question - have you used high end Android and Apple phones for longer than a few minutes in store? Have you actually owned one, and lived on one for a prolonged period? I planned a wedding including editing documents on an Android phone and never had a single freeze up.

So again I ask, have you?

Because we've BOTH seen the commercial, and can form an educated opinion about it. I can comment without bias on the different OS's because I have owned them. You will never see me commenting on how WinMo works because I've never owned it.

If you are just lying to beat the BB fanboy drum, well, your opinions about how these other phones work mean nothing other than regurgutating lies and misinformation.

So, answer the question. Because there are people who come here to compare the different OS's to make a buying decision, and your lies don't help.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-27-12 at 02:21 PM.
    avt123 likes this.
    03-27-12 02:19 PM
    The device is cool. The commercial shows that, otherwise I wouldn't be setting the record straight here as I've been doing for a whole pile of posts.
    What is cool about showing 3 different screens? Maps, BBM and Facebook. Something every other platform can do besides BBM, and BBM isn't even a big deal to most people in the world since there are cross platform alternatives.

The shiny bikes are cooler than the phones. That's not good. Nothing on that commercial makes me think or shows me that BB does this better than the rest.

Take a look at an Apple or Samsung commercial. Most of them show a lot more than 3 things a device can do. Even things other devices can't. Or even the VZW Droid commercials. They show a lot of features.
    03-27-12 02:21 PM
    Great, next time I have to spray paint my 10 speed in glow in the dark paint, I'll know which phone to reach for.

Because, you know, glow in the dark bikes is totally productive and not at all toy-like.

Also, I don't see glow in the dark bikes as being particularly cool, but that's just me.

Basically you think that when we think of the 9900, we should envision glowing bikes? Okay, then. That will definitely save RIM.
    03-27-12 02:23 PM
    I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend android or iToy to anyone other than a simpleton or a child who spends all day on an xbox. BlackBerry has the best security. Do android and iToy have that? No. BlackBerry has BIS. Do android and iToy have that? No. BlackBerry has BBM. Do android and iToy have that? No. I could go on and on, but I think prospective buyers who visit this topic will get the point that BlackBerry trumps all other platforms as a communication device. Tools, not toys.
    FMB8900 likes this.
    03-27-12 02:26 PM
    I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend android or iToy to anyone other than a simpleton or a child who spends all day on an xbox. BlackBerry has the best security. Do android and iToy have that? No. BlackBerry has BIS. Do android and iToy have that? No. BlackBerry has BBM. Do android and iToy have that? No. I could go on and on, but I think prospective buyers who visit this topic will get the point that BlackBerry trumps all other platforms as a communication device. Tools, not toys.
    Flying to Cupertino this Thursday for a quick bite.

I checked out the menu and they're serving RIM for lunch. Smothered in iGravy.
    03-27-12 02:29 PM
    Originally Posted by T�nis

Oh my god - you are truly a piece of work.
    Again, although you are going to avoid at all costs answering this, I didn't ask you if you would recommend, I ASKED YOU WHAT SPECIFIC ANDROID AND APPLE DEVICES THAT YOU HAVE OWNED AND USED TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THESE 'FACTS' LIKE FREEZING.

I know what the answer is, but I'd really love to see you admit that you are blowing hot air and presenting opinion as fact.

For someone who claims that Android and iPhone is for simpletons and children, you have the reading comprehension of a toddler, apparently, since you keep misreading what I am asking.

You wouldn't recommend a device you've never used and would lie to others about how it works to do so. Good to know.

Head's up - not everyone uses BBM who has a BB. BIS is handy...until there's an outage, and frankly I still am getting email faster on my iPhone. So again, something I have actually experienced by owning the devices (unlike you). Security is hardly the first thing I care about and it occurs to me that there has been issues with RIM as well using third party software (isn't there a thread on the first page if this very subforum about the BB browser posting phone numbers?)

Tonis, you simply are misinforming people to make BB look better, when all you are doing is making it look worse. If I was a potential new user and saw the way you were behaving in this thread, I wouldn't be able to take the board seriously. You leave a pretty bad impression.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-27-12 at 02:39 PM.
    03-27-12 02:32 PM
    Simpleton? LOL. Oh god.

Xbox and Android/iPhone go hand in hand?....ok.

You win on the security argument, but it seems most consumers don't care.

BBM means nothing to people unless they own a BB. That's 70+ million of you. There are more Android, iOS, Palm, WP7 and Symbian users out there though that BBM means nothing to.

Every device can be used as a tool or a toy. Anyone who thinks otherwise at this point is honestly a fool. Sorry.
    03-27-12 02:35 PM
    Okay, unlilke you three, I'm not paid to post here. I actually have a life. I'm off now to touch up my bike; there's a ride tonight, and it's gonna happen thanks to BlackBerry. You continue to post your anti-blackberry, pro-android/iToy propaganda until your shift is over. I'll check in later.
    FMB8900 likes this.
    03-27-12 02:36 PM
    Again, although you are going to avoid at all costs answering this, I didn't ask you if you would recommend, I ASKED YOU WHAT SPECIFIC ANDROID AND APPLE DEVICES THAT YOU HAVE OWNED AND USED TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THESE 'FACTS'.

I know what the answer is, but I'd really love to see you admit that you are blowing hot air and presenting opinion as fact.

For someone who claims that Android and iPhone is for simpletons and children, you have the reading comprehension of a toddler, apparently, since you keep misreading what I am asking.
    Hey, he's baiting you. That's why he pops in and out with virtual one-liners and sound bites.

Don't feed the monkeys...
    03-27-12 02:39 PM
    Hey, he's baiting you. That's why he pops in and out with virtual one-liners and sound bites.

Don't feed the monkeys...
    True.

He's also making CB look really bad in the process (not to mention BB users).

He's on ignore, but one good thing is that hopefully some new user looking for help will see this thread and see that he is not someone who can provide it.
    03-27-12 02:41 PM
    Okay, unlilke you three, I'm not paid to post here. I actually have a life. I'm off now to touch up my bike; there's a ride tonight, and it's gonna happen thanks to BlackBerry. You continue to post your anti-blackberry, pro-android/iToy propaganda until your shift is over. I'll check in later.
    That's great George! My 5yr old niece has a Big Wheel too. What color is yours?
    03-27-12 02:41 PM
    Ah this is classic. Paid to post here? Where do I sign up?

I'm pro BlackBerry. I wouldn't buy any of the devices currently for myself, but I would and have recommended them to others. I have been waiting for a BB10 devices since I got rid of my 9000.

I am anti-misinformation. Something you have been doing in the past few posts. I don't care what platform it is for. If you made a claim that BB couldn't do something and it could, I would call you out on it just like you claim it takes 58 screens to find a messaging app on iOS and I called you out. Misinformation is bad and on a site like this that is suppose to help people, it should be tended to.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-27-12 02:42 PM
    That's great George! My 5yr old niece has a Big Wheel too. What color is yours?
    Okay, he's on ignore but I saw what he said when you quoted it.

I'm paid to post here?

That's funny, considering I sell more BB's every day than I do Android and iPhone...

So who is paying me, exactly, and when am I gonna get my first cheque?

Let me guess, he totally avoided answering my question, so he's basically trolling?

Yep, a real asset to the board, he is.

Well who knew that posting on CB on my one day off this week constituted a job!
    03-27-12 02:55 PM
    That's funny, considering I sell more BB's every day than I do Android and iPhone...
    Interesting, how so? This must be a good sign.
    03-27-12 02:59 PM
    Interesting, how so? This must be a good sign.
    There seems to be an upswing in the last few months (linked to PB sales I think). I've had 18 activations in the last couple of weeks and of them one has been a SGS2, 5-6 have been iPhone, and the rest have been OS7. I've seen a big slump in Android, at least in this area.

Now, a lot have been for teens and young adults who BBM a lot. There's been a lot of Curves, followed by Torch and then 9900. People seem to be staying away from the smaller screen size. We have a lot of retirees in this area who are turning in their work BB and want a new phone but with a larger screen and moving towards the Torch instead.

Hope that answers your question, if not fire away.
    03-27-12 03:06 PM
    There seems to be an upswing in the last few months (linked to PB sales I think). I've had 18 activations in the last couple of weeks and of them one has been a SGS2, 5-6 have been iPhone, and the rest have been OS7. I've seen a big slump in Android, at least in this area.

Now, a lot have been for teens and young adults who BBM a lot. There's been a lot of Curves, followed by Torch and then 9900. People seem to be staying away from the smaller screen size. We have a lot of retirees in this area who are turning in their work BB and want a new phone but with a larger screen and moving towards the Torch instead.

Hope that answers your question, if not fire away.
    It's good to see this happening. I wonder if recent Google scandals/revelations had anything to do with Android slump. I do think people are waking up to Google's ways. I certainly have.

It's gonna be interesting if US teenagers are getting into BBM. Good times ahead.
    03-27-12 03:15 PM
    Canadian kids still seem to be heavy BBMers, at lest around here, but more and more are moving to iPhone. We've just had a slowdown right now as people are waiting on the 5.

I can count on one hand the Nexus' we've sold. Honestly I'm surprised - it's a nice phone.
    03-27-12 03:29 PM
181 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD