Also..the whole "We need tools, not toys" thing isn't going to attract many people..since because of iPhone and Android most people would rather have a toy and not a tool..to most people other than us here on CB.com of course..to me though my BB's are my tool and toy.

I did think that the 9810 commercial was much better than the bold ones..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-24-12 01:16 PM
    Maybe this marketing team is too Canadian.
    03-24-12 01:17 PM
    Also..the whole "We need tools, not toys" thing isn't going to attract many people..since because of iPhone and Android most people would rather have a toy and not a tool..to most people other than us here on CB.com of course..to me though my BB's are my tool and toy.

I did think that the 9810 commercial was much better than the bold ones..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That's not it at all. "We need tools, not toys" is just a stupid immature phrase.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    moiselles likes this.
    03-24-12 01:33 PM
    Never seen this commercial, I like it. Now this is what we need in the US. It made me want to go out and at least look at a BlackBerry phone
    This commercial kind of reminds me of the one that came out in the US 3(2?) years ago when the first BB Torch came out...

03-24-12 01:39 PM
    I like the commercials

But I agree, now that the commercials showing people using the Bold have played for a bit they should play some that show features. I've seen a few here on Crackberry that look good. They could mix-it-up.

How would you show in 30 seconds the Bold is the best for typing...let someone tell you

...now where is that cupcake
    Last edited by anthogag; 03-24-12 at 04:35 PM.
    03-24-12 01:53 PM
    I love BB, but those commercials make me cringe. I watch a lot of NBA games so when I see a commercial I'm like "yay for BB", but I jus wanna shoot those guys lol. Those commercials are horrible.
    03-24-12 01:57 PM
    I think the Tools not Toys one is hilarious XD

It pisses alot of iphone users off lolololololol.

But I think commercial like this are MUCH better

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCI8aZUkprQ&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
    03-24-12 03:46 PM
    This commercial kind of reminds me of the one that came out in the US 3(2?) years ago when the first BB Torch came out...

At&t makes damn good commercials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-24-12 04:18 PM
    RIM has a marketing dept???
    daikirai69 likes this.
    03-24-12 04:21 PM

Now that is what we are talking about! Liked that one!
    03-24-12 07:27 PM
    Also..the whole "We need tools, not toys" thing isn't going to attract many people..since because of iPhone and Android most people would rather have a toy and not a tool.
    Wrong. The beauty of Android and iOS is that the user can make it a tool or a toy depending on their needs. For example, you can make it a tool:

Or a toy:

My phone will ALWAYS be my tool, no matter what platform I choose. For me, my toy will be a tablet. I actually sold my Playbook because it was more of a tool than a toy (not much in the way of multimedia/app content. I'm thinking about giving the Kindle Fire another shot in that respect.

I'm REALLY hoping BB10 will be the perfect mix of tool and toy to reach a broad range of consumers.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-24-12 07:33 PM
    For some reason the "We need tools, not toys" one really annoys me. The others really don't highlight any of the main features of the phone though..you almost wouldn't know they were advertising for the phone if you tuned in during the middle of the commercial.
    I fully agree that RIM is missing the boat here. If the BB is a tool, show me what that tool does. Somebody holding a tool in their hand and not actually demonstrating it does nothing to motivate me to buy it.
    03-24-12 09:47 PM

Wow. More of these please. The torch one with moby was really good too. And this is the one that introduced me to the PlayBook

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt0IDAkHxbQ[/yt]
    Last edited by pillsy; 03-24-12 at 10:24 PM.
    03-24-12 10:19 PM
    Look at the Apple ads. It's the iphone on a table or on a white background. All they do is show what the iphone can do. Nothing less and nothing more. RIM, please stop confusing us with your stupid commercials. If you want to be bold then make a bold commercial. Incorporate some humor into your commercials to get people's attention but be professional at the same time. Focus on the strengths and not cupcakes...
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-24-12 11:26 PM
    Wow. More of these please. The torch one with moby was really good too. And this is the one that introduced me to the PlayBook

"We need tools, not toys"

That commercial is further evidence that a device can be both a tool and a toy.
    03-24-12 11:52 PM
    I love the Be Bold commercials. "Night Bikes" is my favorite. Someone said it on this forum in the past. Commercials are really only about brand reinforcement. Nobody buys a Cadillac only because he saw a commercial. He's probably already seen the car and knows some things about it. The commercial is there to get the existing customer pumped, to get him to trade up to the newest model. Iphone and droid commercials are for simpletons, for idiots: "Droid." A-doi!
    03-25-12 12:16 AM
    I'd say they need to change them but no one is paying attention to those ads anyway that isn't already a user and is just glad to see their brand being marketed.
    03-25-12 12:23 AM
    Maybe this marketing team is too Canadian.
    Excellent!!! +100000000000
    03-25-12 12:50 AM

Best commercial I've seen yet.
    03-25-12 12:50 AM
    I love the Be Bold commercials. "Night Bikes" is my favorite. Someone said it on this forum in the past. Commercials are really only about brand reinforcement. Nobody buys a Cadillac only because he saw a commercial. He's probably already seen the car and knows some things about it. The commercial is there to get the existing customer pumped, to get him to trade up to the newest model. Iphone and droid commercials are for simpletons, for idiots: "Droid." A-doi!
    Oh brother. Are you able to look at anything without being biased? Why would it be in RIM's best interest to just appeal to their existing customer? Your analogy is really bad here. Here's the real truth: alot of folks dont know what the bold 9900 can do. People are lazy and don't want to do additional research besides what a commercial can provide on a device & going in store. So why is iPhone & android wrong for doing what works again? All of a sudden a good form of advertisement is bad because RIM isn't doing it? Right . These "simpletons" you refer to happen to be a huge group of people to market to apparently. I guess bkackberry's are just too good for these "idiots", aye?

pantlesspenguin and vrs626 like this.
    03-25-12 03:43 AM

I loved the MobyDick commercial! Great song too! My favorite BlackBerry commercial.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by moiselles; 03-25-12 at 07:43 AM.
    03-25-12 07:40 AM
    I agree with the OP but I actually like the "Be Bold" commercials. Simple and straight to the point.
    03-25-12 08:38 AM
    Oh brother. Are you able to look at anything without being biased? Why would it be in RIM's best interest to just appeal to their existing customer? Your analogy is really bad here. Here's the real truth: alot of folks dont know what the bold 9900 can do. People are lazy and don't want to do additional research besides what a commercial can provide on a device & going in store. So why is iPhone & android wrong for doing what works again? All of a sudden a good form of advertisement is bad because RIM isn't doing it? Right . These "simpletons" you refer to happen to be a huge group of people to market to apparently. I guess bkackberry's are just too good for these "idiots", aye?

Well, that's just it. Just as Cadillac isn't for everyone -- some people can't afford it, some are too cheap to pay for the gas (think of them like those people crying about paying for BIS) -- BlackBerrys aren't for everyone. And if that means RIM isn't "#1," or even "#2," so be it. The loyal users, and there are plenty of them still, will keep buying BlackBerrys. For example, users who care about security will keep buying BlackBerry. They don't need a commercial to educate them about the importance of security. Now those other ones you mentioned, those people who don't want to do any research or go to a store, well, stupid is as stupid does. They won't even understand the concept of security if it's explained in a one hour infomercial, never mind mentioned in a thirty second commercial. They'll just be scratching their heads when a breach happens. That's just one example.
    FMB8900 likes this.
    03-25-12 08:38 AM
    Well, that's just it. Just as Cadillac isn't for everyone -- some people can't afford it, some are too cheap to pay for the gas (think of them like those people crying about paying for BIS) -- BlackBerrys aren't for everyone. And if that means RIM isn't "#1," or even "#2," so be it. The loyal users, and there are plenty of them still, will keep buying BlackBerrys. For example, users who care about security will keep buying BlackBerry. They don't need a commercial to educate them about the importance of security. Now those other ones you mentioned, those people who don't want to do any research or go to a store, well, stupid is as stupid does. They won't even understand the concept of security if it's explained in a one hour infomercial, never mind mentioned in a thirty second commercial. They'll just be scratching their heads when a breach happens. That's just one example.
    No...just...no. What sense does it make for commercials to cater to people who already have the products??? RIM has their money already. Why would they spend more to give those users piece of mind that they made the right decision? RIMs commercials should be reaching out to those who have gone to other platforms with the message "Hey! These aint your daddy's blackberry devices! Come see what these babies offer now." And your cadillac comparison isn't even accurate. If it were indeed the case, the Curve line wouldn't exist and blackberries wouldn't be offered on prepaid carriers.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    03-25-12 08:45 AM
    I said commercials are to reinforce to existing customers, to remind them to trade up. And even Mercedes has the C Class, budget model, hence the Curve.
    03-25-12 08:48 AM
181 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD