RIM can make a BlackBerry that will fly you to Mars but if it aint cool, nobody cares.
    Flying to Mars would be awesome.
    03-26-12 11:53 PM
    Rubbish... Sour grapes...
    Agreed, especially since having extensively used all of the operating systems Tonis is bad mouthing, there is nothing dumbed down about any of them.

The one thing I appreciate about my iPhone after 4 days straight on my 9900 is not having to menu-close-menu-close-menu-close. God what a pain in the arse. And I have no choice because if I DON'T do it my battery on the 9900 doesn't last half the day.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    03-27-12 12:31 AM
    Agreed, especially since having extensively used all of the operating systems Tonis is bad mouthing, there is nothing dumbed down about any of them.

The one thing I appreciate about my iPhone after 4 days straight on my 9900 is not having to menu-close-menu-close-menu-close. God what a pain in the arse. And I have no choice because if I DON'T do it my battery on the 9900 doesn't last half the day.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    Maybe one of those IT guys.

Many of them just don't understand why folks don't place such a high premium on their opinions any longer.
    03-27-12 06:22 AM
    No, that's idiotic. There's no need to dumb down a terrific device (BlackBerry) to appease masses of idiots.
    Well the masses of idiots vote with their money, and their money is calling for more apps that will entertain them. And RIM is answering the call by trying their best to woo app developers.

So RIM won't be dumbing down the devices, they'll be adding features to it. And you can choose not to download any of these features if you don't want them. But if little Zeke wants his deer-shooting game app, he can have it on his BB and he won't feel compelled to go buy an iPhone or Android instead.
    pantlesspenguin and Morty2264 like this.
    03-27-12 08:16 AM
    I'd like to see little Zeke take his mommy's money to apple or android. The Be Bold commercials don't need to go. The BlackBerry h8ers need to go -- to an apple or android forum to find their bliss.
    03-27-12 08:55 AM
    I'd like to see little Zeke take his mommy's money to apple or android. The Be Bold commercials don't need to go. The BlackBerry h8ers need to go -- to an apple or android forum to find their bliss.
    & who might these haters be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-27-12 09:13 AM
    People who start topics with the intent of eliciting negative comments from BlackBerry-hating, iphone/android-loving trolls.
    03-27-12 09:36 AM
    People who start topics with the intent of eliciting negative comments from BlackBerry-hating, iphone/android-loving trolls.
    Anyone have any cheese? Because this whine is dee-lish!!
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-27-12 09:48 AM
    I first saw that sticker when I got my Apple TV. I had no idea what it was for then and still don't know.

And I would NEVER has guessed that it was a sticker for the car I don't own.

But like you said, the made fun of them too. Stickers are a pretty lame idea.
    what is so lame about trying to put your logo & branding in as many places as possible? the idea of the stickers isn't to give some kind of value to the actual BB user, but as a mini-advertisement to anyone else who sees the sticker. coke is the #1 soft drink beverage because we're inundated with the coke logo. the more people see BB around, the more relevant it is. and maybe 1 out of 500 times someone sees a sticker, they may ask the person "hey, I didn't know people still used BB's. Can I see yours?"
    03-27-12 10:17 AM
    what about the one with the restaurant owner sending potatoes pictures to his chef back in the restaurant? Like one can grasp the quality of a fruit or vegetable from a picture....these commercials seem to be the ideas of a mediocre community college group of students in a media class.
    03-27-12 11:16 AM
    I gotta say....... I do not watch TV (yeah I'm one of those guys).

BUT on occasion I am somewhere that a TV is on and this was the case just the other night at a friends house. The wife and I were there and the TV was on in the background a suddenly up pops a BB 9900 commercial so I paid attention since I am a new 9900 user (and exquisitely happy by the way).

When the commercial ended I was left a little...... flat. My immediate reaction was WTH?

When my buddy (an iPhone junky) asked what I was talking about I went on about how my BB was hands down the best device I have ever had (and I have had quite a few "smart" phones over the years).

I'm at a loss over how RIM is letting Android and iPhone just trample them with their only acceptable devices.

The marketing factor is part and parcel to the industry. Heck, the only reason I left BB (2 years ago) for Android platforms was because the advertising was so good that I was convinced that it was "the answer."

2 years later it's resoundingly clear that I was wrong and that once the fog of gadgetry cleared and I could think straight I realized that the features and function I find important was right here on a BB.

Marketing marketing marketing.......... RIM already has the correct devices. They can't rely on people to figure that out by themselves. You gotta show them why they want it.

RIM can't rest on the Laurels of their dominance from a decade (or more) ago.
    03-27-12 11:37 AM
    Yes, you can indeed put lipstick on a pig... but its still a pig.

Face reality here.. it is a FACT, rather than personal opinion, that RIM does not have the devices people want....you do not have declining market share to 8% by offering leading edge devices that people desire..... Luckily RIM knows this and has been addressing the fix for the last 2 years.. a new touch oriented os and new line of phones...

Now i ask you, if the current range of phones was that good that a $5M ad campaign could fix the sales issue do you really think they would be spending a large fortune on a completely new o.s. & product portfolio?..

Marketing marketing marketing.......... RIM already has the correct devices. .
    03-27-12 11:55 AM

Face reality here.. it is a FACT, rather than personal opinion, that RIM does not have the devices people want....you do not have declining market share to 8% by offering leading edge devices that people desire..... Luckily RIM knows this and has been addressing the fix for the last 2 years.. a new touch oriented os and new line of phones...

Now i ask you, if the current range of phones was that good that a $5M ad campaign could fix the sales issue do you really think they would be spending a large fortune on a completely new o.s. & product portfolio?..

+100 Decillion
    03-27-12 11:59 AM
    So let me get this straight.....they aren't trying to sell cupcakes.
    I agree they need better Bold commercials but I like the utube commercial for the PlayBook with the women using PlayBook for all aspects of life. I would like to see her in a Bold commercial like she did with PlayBook showing all aspects of daily life.
    03-27-12 12:05 PM
    Well, speaking of BlackBerry ad, this is the one I currently like.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfiepHo5PDE[/YT]

It's a bit odd, and long, but at the very least it shows what a BlackBerry can do.
    03-27-12 12:08 PM

Kinda agree here

Except that RIM does have a product people want, but it isn't a product that is easy for them to buy, and they are told they are wrong for wanting it,
    it ISN'T the hottest product, and I'm not to say that it would be turned around, OS6 devices should have had the hardware of OS7 devices, and OS7 devices could have improved upon that. but thats another story.

RIM could increase their appeal with quality marketing, and quality training tools to sales staff about their products, the BlackBerry is a fantastic tool, but the current advertising basically says Yup we're great, not telling you how, but yup we're great. Apples Products tell you WOW! look at this that I am doing WOW you want to do it too, WOW be cool and do this WOW! but in a super sophisticated way.

RIM does need changes, but their abuse they are getting is due to lack of quality marketing
    03-27-12 12:09 PM

It's a bit odd, and long, but at the very least it shows what a BlackBerry can do.
    ok so this kind of ad is more along the lines of what they need to try and do, it's just poorly executed. thanks for actually showing some of the features, but SHOW the features, don't just list them on the screen. again, i point back to the moby commercial...
    03-27-12 12:17 PM

My BlackBerry doesn't shoot a beam out of it!!!! Oh this is BS.... False advertising, and a 9700 to boot...Hahaha
    03-27-12 12:18 PM

Lol @ the video, but yea, at least it shows the phone.
    03-27-12 12:24 PM
    Oh, sure, no one knows it has a qwerty keyboard and touch pad. That commercial is ridiculous. Night Bikes is best.
    03-27-12 12:31 PM

Ii desu ne!!!
    03-27-12 12:52 PM
    Oh, sure, no one knows it has a qwerty keyboard and touch pad. That commercial is ridiculous. Night Bikes is best.
    Yes. Because as I stare at my 9900 the first thing I think of is glow in the dark 10 speeds.

What is it exactly about glow in the dark 10 speeds that isn't toy-like?
    03-27-12 01:35 PM
    Jake and Ben are cool. They're using their 9900's to network, to meet up and make the night bike ride happen. If they were on android devices, their screens would have frozen up at critical moments.
    03-27-12 01:39 PM
    Oh, and if they were on iphones the ride wouldn't happen at all, because they would still be navigating through 58 screens to get to apple's inferior messenger application, lol.
    morales0416 likes this.
    03-27-12 01:45 PM
    Jake and Ben are cool. They're using their 9900's to network, to meet up and make the night bike ride happen. If they were on android devices, their screens would have frozen up at critical moments.
    In over a year with both an HTC and Samsung Android device, I never had a freeze up. What Android devices have you owned that you experienced freeze ups on, please?

I mean, I would hope with the rhetoric you throw around, that you have real world experience. And no, I don't mean with a bargain basement Android or a top of the line Android that you tried in a store for a few minutes that has been abused by customers and has demo software bogging it down.

I certainly haven't experienced a 'freezeup at a critical moment' (talking about glow in the dark bikes, the first word I think of isn't critical). A couple of weeks ago myself and a co-worker did have an SOS during BBMing for about 10 minutes, which was BB side (tested when I threw my sim card in my iPhone and had full bars, put it back in the 9900 and was SOS for another 5 minutes), but that's not something I would paint an entire line with. Now, I suppose having the BB's go SOS could suck when planning something as earth shattering as glow in the dark bike rides....

That was the first real glitch I have had other than the atrocious battery life on the 9900 (which seems to have finally resolved itself with my new battery). I wouldn't paint the entire BB line because Bell BIS had a small outage for about 10 minutes after 11PM on a Saturday, but you sure are painting all Androids with that broad brush.
    03-27-12 01:50 PM
181 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD