i agree

10 char
    03-25-12 04:08 PM
    I think the Tools not Toys one is hilarious XD

It pisses alot of iphone users off lolololololol.

But I think commercial like this are MUCH better

Honestly it leaves me scratching my head. I have more productive apps on my iphone vs my bold. With that being said, major developers over looking the pb & bb pisses a lot of bb users off (me included)....
    03-25-12 04:16 PM
    p.s. I cringe when I watch the tools not toys ads but I laughed when I read that those ads off iphone users...LOLz! I can imagine .
    That's the thing, though. RIM's marketing shouldn't seek to off iPhone users, it should seek to ATTRACT THEM, especially given how brilliant and persuasive Apple's marketing is. I remember the "Can your phone do that?" campaign made people honestly believe no other phone had those capabilities, even though I could answer "yes" to most of the questions posed in the commercial with the device I was currently rocking. I remember a friend's facebook status after she got an iPhone: "I'm at the gym listening to music and surfing facebook at the same time! Is there anything the iPhone can't do?" THAT was the result of good marketing, and RIM now faces the battle of persuading these users blackberry is really the way to go.

I can understand how the "We need tools not toys" ad might off iPhone users, but not in the way you might be thinking. There are probably millions of people out there who use their iPhone as a tool, and many of these people very might be former blackberry users. Also consider the fact that the "Tools not toys" commercial the dj's/drummers/whatever they were showcases the camera and the ability to post on Twitter. Any smartphone can do that. What's more, on iPhone there are probably numerous dj/drum apps!

So far besides commercials that showcase BBM I haven't seen anything that blackberry does exclusively. Even then, I haven't seen any commercials that REALLY showcase what BBM can do besides the basic IM and group chat functions. Basically my point is that RIM really needs to be able to create commercials that are effective and stick out in consumers' minds. IMHO they can't achieve this by demonstrating features that different platform smartphone users already enjoy.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-25-12 04:20 PM
    Honestly it leaves me scratching my head. I have more productive apps on my iphone vs my bold. With that being said, major developers over looking the pb & bb pisses a lot of bb users off (me included)....
    Y'up. While Apple laughs all the way to the bank.

Taking the scenic route so that they can finish eating RIM's lunch.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-25-12 04:21 PM
    All apple really does is play of the emotions of people. "if you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" makes people feel out of the loop and people love to be in the in crowd. It's like high school all over again lol. I think the be bold commercials are supposed to show that young and working people who are not corporate employees can enjoy a blackberry. The statement "be bold" is kinda saying its ok to be different. You don't have to hav an iPhone. Be bold and be different. Obviously the commercials aren't the best but it's a good start. Rim is trying and as a blackberry lover I am glad they didn't just give up and sell the company or something.
    03-25-12 05:23 PM
    I'd say they need to change them but no one is paying attention to those ads anyway that isn't already a user and is just glad to see their brand being marketed.
    If the ads were done properly others WOULD pay attention.
    03-25-12 05:40 PM
    All apple really does is play of the emotions of people. "if you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone" makes people feel out of the loop and people love to be in the in crowd. It's like high school all over again lol. I think the be bold commercials are supposed to show that young and working people who are not corporate employees can enjoy a blackberry. The statement "be bold" is kinda saying its ok to be different. You don't have to hav an iPhone. Be bold and be different. Obviously the commercials aren't the best but it's a good start. Rim is trying and as a blackberry lover I am glad they didn't just give up and sell the company or something.
    The commercials are awful and a waste of money and time.
    03-25-12 05:48 PM
    The commercials are awful and a waste of money and time.
    Says who? Oh ... yea, says you. O-tay!
    03-25-12 06:28 PM
    I love the Be Bold commercials. "Night Bikes" is my favorite. Someone said it on this forum in the past. Commercials are really only about brand reinforcement. Nobody buys a Cadillac only because he saw a commercial. He's probably already seen the car and knows some things about it. The commercial is there to get the existing customer pumped, to get him to trade up to the newest model. Iphone and droid commercials are for simpletons, for idiots: "Droid." A-doi!
    with BB's market share slipping, i think they actually need the commercials to re-introduce the product to the consumers. i had no idea BB made a tablet until I saw that commercial, which prompted me to go online and learn about it, which taught me about the bridge, etc....
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-25-12 06:29 PM
    Be Bold! Watch it from your BlackBerry Bold:

NIGHT BIKES

Okay, you can watch from your Torch or Curve, too.
    sorry but i think that commercial is terrible. give the viewer a reason to want to buy the phone. or at least be intrigued enough to research the phone (since you can't cover everything in a 30-second spot). i saw a lot of bright colors and someone bbm'ing. whoop-dee doo. the at&t torch moby commercial and the one where the dude bridges his bold with playbook to propose to that girl were spots packed with showing off the capabilities of the phones.

someone should tell the TOOLS NOT TOYS brains that we need to show FUNCTION NOT FLUFF
    03-25-12 06:37 PM
    @ADozeneggs that kind of thinking is why the company can't recover and move forward. instead of finding the best parts of their efforts or trying to understand what they want to accomplish, people are just bashing them because their products don't have an apple logo. I bet if apple made the commercials everyone would think they are amazing. everyone cannot be apple. we all know a blackberry doesn't have all the functions of an iPhone yet we are all on these forums everyday. obviously something about a blackberry is special to us. it was to the majority too a couple years ago when blackberry was the cool thing. it is a special experience but it is more physical than visual.
    Last edited by cmcekron; 03-25-12 at 06:42 PM. Reason: wanted it to be a reply to a comment
    03-25-12 06:39 PM
    someone should tell the TOOLS NOT TOYS brains that we need to show FUNCTION NOT FLUFF
    This!!! Perfect.
    03-25-12 06:57 PM
    @ADozeneggs that kind of thinking is why the company can't recover and move forward. instead of finding the best parts of their efforts or trying to understand what they want to accomplish, people are just bashing them because their products don't have an apple logo. I bet if apple made the commercials everyone would think they are amazing. everyone cannot be apple. we all know a blackberry doesn't have all the functions of an iPhone yet we are all on these forums everyday. obviously something about a blackberry is special to us. it was to the majority too a couple years ago when blackberry was the cool thing. it is a special experience but it is more physical than visual.
    You bet. Blackberry is something special to us. But if RIM caters their commercials to us it's preaching to the choir. We're not the ones they need to convince. The public has tasted iPhones and Android devices. They're not going to change platforms for a device that does what their devices already do, and better for the most part. That's why BB10 devices need to be amazing with a marketing campaign to match.
    03-25-12 07:05 PM
    I just don't understand why they are focused on the Bold. I know it's their flagship device but so many other great models are being left in the dust. Shame really.
    Last edited by up488; 03-25-12 at 07:13 PM.
    03-25-12 07:11 PM
    Says who? Oh ... yea, says you. O-tay!
    Of course not Mr. Wheat. The results speak lousy enough for themselves.
    03-25-12 07:33 PM
    This makes no sense what-so-ever.

1.) I don't own or want an iPhone in it's current form.
    2.) It's not my job to "find the best parts" of any company. Afterall, I'm a consumer. Not a relative.
    3.) I remember when BBs were cool. But it was always a by-product of their enterprise successes. Not because they actively courted the consumer market. They've admitted that they haven't.
    4.) I stand by my opinion that spending M&A funds on an older product when you're about yo launch a new one is a complete waste of time.

And all this rubbish about Apple brainwashing all these consumers sounds like sour grapes to me.
    03-25-12 07:44 PM
    You bet. Blackberry is something special to us. But if RIM caters their commercials to us it's preaching to the choir. We're not the ones they need to convince. The public has tasted iPhones and Android devices. They're not going to change platforms for a device that does what their devices already do, and better for the most part. That's why BB10 devices need to be amazing with a marketing campaign to match.
    yeah i totally understand and agree but at the same time they need funds now. i also think they wanna get people to start switching over now. they have been pushing for this user base to switch to bb7 devices with that free app bundle. a lot of blackberry users are using older models and compare those to the iphone4s. that's when they switch not knowing that blackberry has made advancements.
    Last edited by cmcekron; 03-25-12 at 08:25 PM.
    03-25-12 08:17 PM
    This makes no sense what-so-ever.

1.) I don't own or want an iPhone in it's current form.
    2.) It's not my job to "find the best parts" of any company. Afterall, I'm a consumer. Not a relative.
    3.) I remember when BBs were cool. But it was always a by-product of their enterprise successes. Not because they actively courted the consumer market. They've admitted that they haven't.
    4.) I stand by my opinion that spending M&A funds on an older product when you're about yo launch a new one is a complete waste of time.

And all this rubbish about Apple brainwashing all these consumers sounds like sour grapes to me.
    so it's not your job to "find the best parts" yet you spend your time finding the bad. also releasing a new product does not necessarily mean that the old products are obsolete. apple still sells a bunch of older iPhones. you have no idea what bb10 is going to be or if it will have something to do with bb7 devices. maybe they are pushing these because bb10 might work on them.
    03-25-12 08:23 PM
    so it's not your job to "find the best parts" yet you spend your time finding the bad. also releasing a new product does not necessarily mean that the old products are obsolete. apple still sells a bunch of older iPhones. you have no idea what bb10 is going to be or if it will have something to do with bb7 devices. maybe they are pushing these because bb10 might work on them.
    I'm sorry. Exactly what 'bad parts' did I find? i gave my opinion about a commercial.

If you're looking to have a rational conversation, then I'm all for it.

Anything else is a waste of our time.
    03-25-12 08:28 PM
    The "we need tools not toys" is really arrogant but I like it. RIM should certainly exhibit blackberry features to reinforce the statement. I'm sick out the iphone and android brain washed customers asking do we have iphone and androids in stock but nothing hurts my soul more that when i ask then why do they prefer those platforms over BB but most can never explain why. Smh
    03-25-12 09:23 PM
    Of course not Mr. Wheat.
    I see what you did there. Well played!
    03-25-12 09:57 PM
    The "we need tools not toys" is really arrogant but I like it. RIM should certainly exhibit blackberry features to reinforce the statement. I'm sick out the iphone and android brain washed customers asking do we have iphone and androids in stock but nothing hurts my soul more that when i ask then why do they prefer those platforms over BB but most can never explain why. Smh
    Yes. Anyone who doesn't agree with is brainwashed by Apple.

Curious. Do you feel the same about folks on FaceBook? Is this group brainwashed by Zuckerberg?

Just curious.
    03-25-12 09:57 PM
    I see what you did there. Well played!
    I figure one snarky remark deserves another.
    03-25-12 09:59 PM
    Can you prove that iPhone/android users are brain washed? You know what let me answer that for you. You can't...Don't get mad at apple/android for making devices consumers want. You should direct your frustrations towards RIMM.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    TGR1 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    03-25-12 09:59 PM
    Can you prove that iPhone/android users are brain washed? You know what let me answer that for you. You can't...Don't get mad at apple/android for making devices consumers want. You should direct your frustrations towards RIMM.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    What I see is apple consumers brainwash themselves. They tend to crowd together and pump themselves up talking about how apple is so great. And since all there iPhones and iPads are the same they can relate to each other.
    Android customers normally dont have a chance to relate since no 2 android customers with the same setup will find each other. They spend there time showing their setup and checking out others setup. Android is constantly evolving so your always learning something new.
    03-25-12 10:25 PM
181 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD