As a long time blackberry user, I firmly believe RIM has to get rid of their terrible marketing team.... they're commercials are terrible, and do not help to highlight a single feature of an excellent phone...

I just recently got rid of my 9810 for a 9900, and am amazed just how much better the 9900 is, definitely head and shoulders above the torch.

RIM, get the WORD out about this phone...it is your best yet.

Now, back to the commercials.....

When Apple advertises the iPhone or iPad, its all about the user experience and the features of the phone.....whether its taking a picture and removing the 'red eye' or showing how the iCloud integrates iPhone, iPad and the Mac at home, the commercials are excellent.

Lets also compare the new Samsung note.... the commercials show the features of the phone, the new stylus etc.....once again the phone itself is the highlight of the commercial.

Now...the 'Be Bold' commercials...

what do we see ?

Take the 'cup cake commercial' all we see are a bunch of cup cakes, and someone talking about they need tools not toys......the commercial ends...with the annoying announcer saying 'blackberry bold......Be BOLD'......and a small picture of the 9900.............

WHAT ?

None of the new commercials show off a single feature of a really slick phone..... instead they talk about wanting tools not toys...but then don't show us the 'tools'

Show us seamless integration of apps via BBM,
    Show us ease of typing using what is arguably the BESY keyboard blackberry has made
    Show us how the bold and playbook integrate seamlessly together
    Show us how the BOLD quickly surfs the net
    Show us NFC

DO NOT show us cup cakes, Do not show us musicians......

SHOW US the features of the BOLD....they are amazing.....

While RIM has only themselves to blame for where they are in the marketplace, surely they can find a much better marketing team to showcase a very good product.....

Please.......get rid of these people !

SNK
    03-24-12 08:45 AM
    Lol, you're hired!
    bbmtna likes this.
    03-24-12 08:53 AM
    There's other threads about the commercials.

I agree with you. I think they're terrible.

They need better ones or at least air the crappy ones more often. I hardly ever see bb commercials.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...mercial+Bebold
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-24-12 at 09:05 AM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-24-12 08:56 AM
    There's been talk about RIM's marketing dept, or lack of, needing to do something more creative since.....well as long as I can remember. I think chrisy520 would do an excellent job. At lease better than the current marketing staff
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-24-12 09:01 AM
    I like the Bold commercials. I guess its because they surprise me when they come on.

The OP is bang on with what they've said. Eat the cup cakes and show us - well, the people who don't know about the Bolds actual features the proper stuff.

Hope soon there is another new thread titled 'The new Bold commercials are excellent'
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-24-12 09:13 AM
    For some reason the "We need tools, not toys" one really annoys me. The others really don't highlight any of the main features of the phone though..you almost wouldn't know they were advertising for the phone if you tuned in during the middle of the commercial.
    Chrisy, CDM76 and moiselles like this.
    03-24-12 09:51 AM
    When Apple advertises the iPhone or iPad, its all about the user experience and the features of the phone.....whether its taking a picture and removing the 'red eye' or showing how the iCloud integrates iPhone, iPad and the Mac at home, the commercials are excellent.

Lets also compare the new Samsung note.... the commercials show the features of the phone, the new stylus etc.....once again the phone itself is the highlight of the commercial.
    I agree with you. There's a gazillion functions which RIM can advertise and promote their BB but it's not the case. Everytime I watch a movie, there's at least one Apple/Android commercial and nothing from RIM.

BBs already have the NFC and it's the best time to advertise this being the "pioneer" to adopt this for mobile phones. But nope, nothing.

Seriously, I'll kill to be in RIM's marketing team cause they are obviously sleeping.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-24-12 09:57 AM
    I agree 100%..

I watch alot of NBA games and blackberry commercials seem to be on every break. However these commercials are absolutely horrid. The only information that gets put out is about the user. Not a single bit of information about the phone is talked about. No one actually knows anything more about blackberry than they did before the commercial, besides the phone being available. That's it. No mention of software features. No mention of hardware features. Just "I HAZ A BLACKBERRY" "IT HAZ TWITTER" "TOOLS NOT TOYS" "BE BOLD" /commercial

Smh

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    03-24-12 09:58 AM
    Totally agree. Tools not Toys is arrogant but in the wrong way.

Agreed it doesn't show the features.

Too much focus on one line when they have what six models? Plus the Playbook?

Does nothing to show why BB should be the choice over another platform when there are plenty of reasons.
    03-24-12 10:24 AM
    Ive always said when I see an Apple or Samsung commercial they really do make me want to buy their product. The latest "Be Bold" makes me want to buy cupcakes.
    They don't seem to have any flow to them, they seem very dry.
    03-24-12 10:32 AM
    The latest "Be Bold" makes me want to buy cupcakes.
    LOL! Best post here.
    hondateg91 and CDM76 like this.
    03-24-12 10:34 AM
    "Tools not toys" sounds really bad as well. It's very arrogant, especially when it takes the user to make the device a tool or a toy.
    03-24-12 10:36 AM
    The one that tickles me is the one with the lady who infers that you cannot type emails on a touchscreen. Isn't the first BB10 device supposed to be all touchscreen?

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    03-24-12 11:15 AM
    That, and the toys, is trying to bash the other platforms. They don't need to do that. Just saw the advantages of BlackBerry.

Damn, we all posted enough about what we love about BlackBerry! They don't even need to research. Just use our posts for ad ideas.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-24-12 11:19 AM
    They air those commercials so much in Canada and they are terrible!

Noone has mentioned the asian doctor one yet? "I manage many schdules"
    03-24-12 11:20 AM
    The one that tickles me is the one with the lady who infers that you cannot type emails on a touchscreen. Isn't the first BB10 device supposed to be all touchscreen?

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Yeah i saw that one last night for the first time i think. I had a small chuckle. touchscreens get a bad rap by some but damn they sell by the 10 of millions for all brands!
    03-24-12 11:20 AM
    Those commercials are useless, I agree. They do nothing for me at all.

There is a commercial that does show off the Bold, it's from the UK and basically focuses only on the phone and its features. It's actually not too too bad, I like that it shows off the pinch to zoom feature on the 9000 since many people might not be aware that BBs do indeed have that feature.

Chrisy, SMocek, Spencerdl and 2 others like this.
    03-24-12 11:25 AM

There is a commercial that does show off the Bold, it's from the UK and basically focuses only on the phone and its features. It's actually not too too bad, I like that it shows off the pinch to zoom feature on the 9000 since many people might not be aware that BBs do indeed have that feature.

Now - that's the way they should be doing it over here.

Stan M.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-24-12 11:49 AM
    yeah i have seen that one over here in the states before and it is pretty good
    03-24-12 11:53 AM
    There's a error of logic in the latest one. Even being a bb enthusiast it makes me scratch my head.

The lady is shooting videos or something and talks about receiving a 1000 emails a day. Then she says "try typing a thousand emails on a touchscreen."

So while I completely agree that typing long emails or lots of emails on a real keyboard is easier for most folks, I question the logic.

She is apparently saying she replies to every email she gets (unlikely). And if you do the math of how many minutes there are in a day someone cqn rationally be awake and working, divide it into 1000 emails it would require her responses to be like 4 words long or something.

I don't know. It just strikes me as a logical reach that's a bit too much.
    03-24-12 11:55 AM
    I realize this is a silly semantics point, but it is RIM's Advertising that needs work. The Be Bold ads are advertisements. The advertisements are a main channel for communicating with the end customer.

Their marketing is everything else, see: the four Ps of marketing.

So, their advertisements could use some work. I agree.
    03-24-12 12:28 PM
    I've rarely seen a BB commercial on UK TV, other than as part of a carrier's TV advertising....yet BB doing well here....

I don't rely on TV advertising to recommend my tech purchases though, and of course we don't have adverts every 5 minutes or even at all on some channels!
    Last edited by Bluemoonjules; 03-24-12 at 12:35 PM.
    03-24-12 12:32 PM
    Yeah i saw that one last night for the first time i think. I had a small chuckle. touchscreens get a bad rap by some but damn they sell by the 10 of millions for all brands!
    I actually agree that RIM should market to folks that find touchscreens tedious, however *small* that market is; simply because it is a niche that is being almost totally ignored by others.
    03-24-12 12:43 PM
    I fully agree with OP. RIM should fire ppl who came up with the idea for "Be Bold" commercials. You don't need lame actors telling what other ppl CAN'T do. It seems very arrogant and confusing that way. Apple commercials always show beautiful products, ppl would think if they buy them they would own something really beautiful. It's hard to make some "educational" commercials these days unless you have something that is really revolutionary that you want to show to ppl.

What they could do is come up with weird ideas just to show ppl its just nice and cool to own and operate on the Blackberry. Maybe some nice catchy music, the keyboard trackpad illuminate from the dark, ppl start typing and swiping on the 9900 in a seamless
    epic way fill the world with communication .....something like that....I don't know lol
    03-24-12 12:52 PM
    Those commercials are useless, I agree. They do nothing for me at all.

Never seen this commercial, I like it. Now this is what we need in the US. It made me want to go out and at least look at a BlackBerry phone
    03-24-12 01:06 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD