Hi, I really have had bad luck with my Bold, the phone is okey but the owner (me) is a mess, first at ten days old the LCD screen broke and it was not my fault, bought a new one and installed and every thing was okey when my spouse brought my coffee mug in the morning at bed, I stand up to get it and the coffe tsunami went to my Bold, I manage to clean it but there was coffee inside so I took the decision and opened as I did when the LCD broke, I took all parts out including the keyboard an began cleaning it, well after all my intents the phone works but the LCD has some spots as if it still has some liquid between the front glass and the LCD itself, also the speaker now is very very low and it sounds as it has a cold, I don't know where to look for the speaker to see what I can do, then I inserted the headphones only one of them is audible, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

TEEH
    06-22-09 01:36 PM
    Put your BB in a bag of rice and let it sit over night. My wife did the same thing (large cup of Diet Coke) and it worked...okay. It depends on what got wet and for how long.
    06-22-09 01:40 PM
    Yeah, the bag of rice definately works because it sucks up all the moisture, so you might notice some soft rice after
    Good luck!
    06-22-09 01:43 PM
    This has happened to me before with an old phone (thankfully not my Storm!), and I have never heard the suggestion with the rice. Thanks for sharing it- it's a great tip for those of us with clutzy tendencies!
    06-22-09 01:57 PM
    This is such a coincidence. I'm a known klutz and just a few days ago my Bold
    almost landed inside my coffee cup. Don't ask me how. But the rice thing should work.
    06-22-09 02:12 PM
    I have the phone disassembled at this time, and will take all the parts and put them in a rice box, hope it works.\

Regards
    06-22-09 02:15 PM
    I have the phone disassembled at this time, and will take all the parts and put them in a rice box, hope it works.\

Regards
    The best thing for you to do is place all of the parts on a small plate and put the plate into a bag of rice (and seal it). The bag needs to be sealed in order for it to work. Placing the parts on a plate will keep the rice fibers from getting into the "small places".
    06-22-09 02:18 PM
    I love drinking coffee and lurking the web on my phone. Every time my phones have been submerged under water the rice trick had solved my problem. Good luck man.
    06-22-09 02:32 PM
    Have just put the phone on the rice bag in pieces, all of them including the battery, what I can't understand is why the speaker volume is so low, where are the speakers located in the phone ? the only good thing (I think) the phone just got coffee wet for just a couple of minutes.

Also the head phones just work one of the channels, any idea ?
    06-22-09 03:24 PM
    Just another question, will the rice method work with coffe milk and sugar wet BB?.
    06-22-09 03:51 PM
    I didn't think about the sugar part. Matters how much sugar was in that coffee.
    I have a feeling you're screwed with this. The rice will absorb water, but it
    can't absorb sugar.
    06-22-09 04:03 PM
    Well, I did manage to dry the phone externally and internally, I used a clean towel just humid with burning alcohol and that was all, I think the sugar was at the bottom of the mug but who knows, actually I am looking for a Bold replacement just in case, they told me you can find cheap ones in Panama Colon free zone, and best of all already unlocked, I know already how to change the LCD thanks to the Cellular Accessories - Motorola, BenQ-Siemens, Alcatel, Nokia, HTC, Mobiado, Apple, LG, Panasonic, Sony guys and will also look just in case the replacement for the midplate where I think the loudspeaker is located.

Still hoping the rice will work.

Regards,

TEEH
    06-22-09 04:33 PM
    Put your BB in a bag of rice and let it sit over night
    There should be a sticky on what to do if you make you BB wet within this forum
    Seems this comes up like twice a day, and every single time, its the rice tip
    Last edited by Wazkyr; 06-22-09 at 06:55 PM.
    06-22-09 06:13 PM
    Good luck. I still do not understand how this happens so often, but I hope it works out for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:17 PM
    Send it to insurance!
    06-22-09 06:36 PM
    I wish I would have thought about the insurance thing a long time ago. LOL I am almost at my limit for claims bc I am constantly breaking or getting it wet. Today I forgot and put my phone on top of my car and drove off. Broke my screen. Sad fuzzies. The insurance company is getting suspicious.
    06-22-09 06:53 PM
    That was a great sugestion but I did not think of that, will try next time, meanwhile I am buying a new LCD screen, and the front/middle and backplate. The phone works ok but the sound is nearly inaudible, so I'd rather will try to mantain my phone in good conditions ( That means more money) but I am in love with my Bold ( My wife is jealous) and hope this repair will last longer.

By the way and a silly question, is there a way to separate the fron len and the LCD screen itself, it looks as if there is liquid inside it so I would give it a try also.

The rice maybe worked but I did not notice any change at all (Overnight treatment)

Regards.

Thanks to all the great people which gave me the rice tip.
    06-23-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD