Im a new BB user. Well, i did have a curve BB which i don't recall the model number for like 6 months. Now that i have been using my 9930 it turn out i really like it. It gives me a sense of manhood when holding the device not like the Iphone ( i also have a white iPhone). I don't use apps that much on my iPhone so i almost always use my BB 9930 as main device. Checking email, reading email and texting is very efficient on my 9930. I can be as fast on iPhone also but typo is occurred more on the iPhone than my 9930.

I have been reading that many people dont like BB no more, i find it very true, most of the people where i work have iphone. There is one guy with BB 9930 at my work, i asked how do you like the BB compare to Iphone he said Iphone is better. Though let's not make a scene arguing which phone is better. I also watch TV show frequently i found BB 9930 is being used in TV shows very often. If any of you watch the cop show White Collar Season 4 you will see the BB 9930 appear as one of the main character's cell phone in episode 1 and 2. When i see it, i was like " Wow, i use the same phone as the celebrity" .It gives me a sense of pride

Anyway, how often do you guys see BB being use in TV shows ? ( if you do watch TV regularly of course)
    stevepar likes this.
    07-18-12 01:02 AM
    No joke, I can't get one for less than $300 on ebay. No point in using my upgrade to get it, but I'd like to have it to hold me over until the BB10 phones come out. Granted you're looking at $450+ for a new iPhone on ebay, but, for a company that's supposedly dying, I'd expect to pick up a new 9930 for $200 easy...
    07-18-12 01:22 AM
    On a new series on HBO called Newsroom, they pretty much all rock Berries
    07-18-12 01:23 AM
    No joke, I can't get one for less than $300 on ebay. No point in using my upgrade to get it, but I'd like to have it to hold me over until the BB10 phones come out. Granted you're looking at $450+ for a new iPhone on ebay, but, for a company that's supposedly dying, I'd expect to pick up a new 9930 for $200 easy...
    Why trolling ? no need to bash either companies. Did you even read my post ? who said anything about which phone is cheaper
    07-18-12 01:37 AM
    On a new series on HBO called Newsroom, they pretty much all rock Berries
    Ill check this show out
    07-18-12 01:39 AM
    Why trolling ? no need to bash either companies. Did you even read my post ? who said anything about which phone is cheaper
    I think he was implying that BlackBerrys were still popular, because if they weren't, he'd probably should be able to find them for much cheaper on eBay.
    07-18-12 01:51 AM
    Im a new BB user. Well, i did have a curve BB which i don't recall the model number for like 6 months. Now that i have been using my 9930 it turn out i really like it. It gives me a sense of manhood when holding the device not like the Iphone ( i also have a white iPhone). I don't use apps that much on my iPhone so i almost always use my BB 9930 as main device. Checking email, reading email and texting is very efficient on my 9930. I can be as fast on iPhone also but typo is occurred more on the iPhone than my 9930.

I have been reading that many people dont like BB no more, i find it very true, most of the people where i work have iphone. There is one guy with BB 9930 at my work, i asked how do you like the BB compare to Iphone he said Iphone is better. Though let's not make a scene arguing which phone is better. I also watch TV show frequently i found BB 9930 is being used in TV shows very often. If any of you watch the cop show White Collar Season 4 you will see the BB 9930 appear as one of the main character's cell phone in episode 1 and 2. When i see it, i was like " Wow, i use the same phone as the celebrity" .It gives me a sense of pride

Anyway, how often do you guys see BB being use in TV shows ? ( if you do watch TV regularly of course)
    I'm a big fan of BB and white collar. I think BB is the best phone for business and man, especially 9900/9930. I saw so many BB in Nikita, not sure if you watch it. Nice!!!!
    07-18-12 02:00 AM
    I think he was implying that BlackBerrys were still popular, because if they weren't, he'd probably should be able to find them for much cheaper on eBay.
    Oh I'm sorry I misunderstanding his post.
    @ degenerate. My appology. Just don't want a discussion to turn into a thread of arguements which company or which phone is better.

I have also seen Nikita but I didn't spot any BB in that show :x
    07-18-12 03:07 AM
    The fact that a particular smartphone is used as a prop on a TV show is not indicative of its popularity. The fact is that, at least in the US, even the 9900 is not a very popular device.

Three years ago, almost everyone where I worked rocked the original Bold 9000, and/or then the 9700. That was mainly because our servers only supported BBs (which we buy on our own -- they are not supplied to us).

In 2010, the IT department changed its policy and installed Good Technology on the servers, allowing people to use iPhones and Androids. The rest is unfortunate history.

I've not seen anyone with a 9900, and I'm one of the few holdouts still rocking a BB.
    07-18-12 06:16 AM
    No kidding, I was skimming Craigslist for a 9900 yesterday, surprised at what sellers were asking. I'm not sure what they finally end up going for but they're not cheap by any means.
    07-18-12 06:23 AM
    I've noticed on many reality shows that Blackberry's, especially 9900/30's, are everywhere. I have a feeling that they use Blackberry's on these types of shows to get in touch with the people on the show. I bet its easier to keep show information confidential via BBM and keep in touch to film phone calls, certain scenes, etc. I think this is the case because you often see people on reality shows with 2 phones. Usually a Blackberry and an iPhone (their personal phone).

Also, Blackberry still has that "business" reputation. So many show use them with business-like characters.
    07-18-12 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD