01-09-12 10:12 AM
37 12
tools
    Yeah, the battery thing has been disproved a couple times. Having said that, you got to take what works best.

Food for thought though: if battery life was really that bad across the board for every other platform, do you really think they would be so popular?
    01-08-12 08:00 PM
    Bad battery life on android phones is definitely overblown. It generally isn't as good as much of the competition but it does the job just fine in my opinion. That being said my battery life on my 9900 on the new 7.1.0.190 is approaching my 9700 which has really surprised me.
    01-08-12 08:32 PM
    What would be a serious effort? We going to tell people what to blog? Dude that it for what it is and move on.
    Finally someone who took it for what it was, thanks

I didnt write it as a serious review, so wasnt expecting such scrutiny, but will make amends to it just to please those who are never going to read it again. lol
    01-09-12 06:15 AM
    Facebook has an "almost sexual appeal"? I might have reworded that.

And like DeRussett said, where's the conclusion? It's not clear which one you prefer.
    I might have, however I chose those words, and am happy with them. Lost in translation maybe huh?
    01-09-12 06:16 AM
    That's not entirely true. I didn't use an extended battery on ay of the Android devices I have owned and they all lasted from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. Actually, they lasted longer but I decided to just charge them when i went to sleep anyways.
    I am not going to argue with you but I have yet to use an android phone (or have friends who use them) that gives me a days worth of use. The droid 2 I used to have would only last 6-8 hours with bluetooth and wifi turned off. A buddy of mine has a thunderbolt - same thing.

I wake up at 5:00 AM each day and my 9930 will last all day with bluetooth on all day (for PB bridge) and wifi on all day. I usually go to bed between 9-10:00 PM and I have 5-10% left depending on use.
    01-09-12 06:21 AM
    I have only used the andriod as a borrowed device. The androids used were both on Verizon, the DriodX and the Casio shock,water, dust resistant model which my nephew owns. When I was using each device they (owners) showed me some cool home screen widgets and such and on my nephews device was running an animated wallpaper. I can not comment on the battery life of the DroidX, but I can say that my nephew with the Casio just about carries a charger in his pocket. The phone is always plugged in. I am thinking that many of the widgets and candy sort of things that are available and some choose to run on their android have a big effect on their battery life. I didn't mention to my nephew that if he turned off some of the options he was using he just may not have to hover by the charger all day. After all it's his device and that in fact may well be his primary use.

Perhaps if the Blackberry userbase and applications were similar to android, the berry would have worse or maybe equal battery life.
    I am not trying to group users as a whole, but stating what I have an experience with directly, bypassing second hand information and speculation.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Snazy likes this.
    01-09-12 07:07 AM
    Feel free to share your opinions, and yes a see a couple of people have done similar threads, but here is my take on the matter, and you might be surprised.

Feel free to have a read of it on my blog

A day in the life of....: Blackberry vs Android
    Thanks for making the effort but this blog post is too long for me to enjoy.

If you are writing for yourself, no worries, but for a blog post that you are sharing with others, I would prefer it if you had chopped it down to 350 - 500 words.
    01-09-12 07:15 AM
    I always enjoy compare posts. Thanks, OP!
    Snazy likes this.
    01-09-12 07:18 AM
    I have only used the andriod as a borrowed device. The androids used were both on Verizon, the DriodX and the Casio shock,water, dust resistant model which my nephew owns. When I was using each device they (owners) showed me some cool home screen widgets and such and on my nephews device was running an animated wallpaper. I can not comment on the battery life of the DroidX, but I can say that my nephew with the Casio just about carries a charger in his pocket. The phone is always plugged in.
    I didn't even know Casio made an Android device..but my guess is it's a pretty old model, and they should probably stick to making watches. But if your nephew was running Live Wallpapers..then guaranteed he'd have poor battery life. If your 9900 had the same capabilities, then your right..it would suffer the same fate.
    01-09-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks for making the effort but this blog post is too long for me to enjoy.

If you are writing for yourself, no worries, but for a blog post that you are sharing with others, I would prefer it if you had chopped it down to 350 - 500 words.
    Can you really give your opinions on 2 handsets and your preference in 500 words?
    The entry has been re-formatted now as it seemed to cause great upset on here lol.
    01-09-12 08:27 AM
    With regards to battery life, I think both devices suffer with certain apps being left running on them. I can easily completely drain a battery on either device in a day. I dont think either device (for me certainly) can be taken out for a whole day away from a charger, without me worrying that it will run its battery down.
    Part of this is because of the extra drain on the battery that the display and the OS create, and the other part is the increased usage of the devices. With photo sharing, location sharing, and social networking. Not to mention using GPS based apps, and browsing the web or playing games when time allows.

I guess we will see how a BB battery compares to an Android device battery once QNX shows its face on similar devices. BB London maybe vs the current Galaxy when the London surfaces would be a good start.

Til then, I hope the re-formatted entry is easier on the eye for some, and conveys my opinions of the devices.
    01-09-12 08:36 AM
    I am not going to argue with you but I have yet to use an android phone (or have friends who use them) that gives me a days worth of use. The droid 2 I used to have would only last 6-8 hours with bluetooth and wifi turned off. A buddy of mine has a thunderbolt - same thing.

I wake up at 5:00 AM each day and my 9930 will last all day with bluetooth on all day (for PB bridge) and wifi on all day. I usually go to bed between 9-10:00 PM and I have 5-10% left depending on use.
    No arguments here, just sharing personal experiences.

I had the Droid as well. Before rooting and installing a custom ROM, it easily lasted me all day. I would wake up at 7am, and put it on the charger by 12am. Wifi alway on when available, never use bluetooth and my GPS was always on as well. I streamed music for hours at a time, texted, IMed, emailed, browsed and still had around 10% battery by the end of the day. I also didn't have all of my widgets set to instantly update, something that kills the battery.

After rooting and installing a custom ROM, LV kernel and overclocking management, I got up to 3 hours more on average.

The Thunderbolt has garbage battery life. That is a known fact. No disputes there.

With the same usage on my 9700 and 9000, I couldn't even get through an 8 hour work day, not to even mention the classes I would take at night as well.

My Droid X got even better battery life than my Droid.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-09-12 at 10:15 AM.
    01-09-12 10:12 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD