Feel free to share your opinions, and yes a see a couple of people have done similar threads, but here is my take on the matter, and you might be surprised.

Feel free to have a read of it on my blog

A day in the life of....: Blackberry vs Android
    01-08-12 06:39 AM
    If SG2 had 15 hours of battery life I would choose it.... just kidding!!!
    For now, nothing can beat this badass keyboard.
    Just sayin...
    Delil likes this.
    01-08-12 06:45 AM
    You need to add conclusions, or bold points, it is a wall of text that rambles currently, I honestly don't see a point in the post, I don't see which you prefer, at all
    01-08-12 07:10 AM
    Sure the Galaxy S2 is nice and so are the other high powered Android devices, but I just couldn't handle having to be tied down to a charger at all times.
    01-08-12 07:23 AM
    The Thing I don't like about these Androids is that you need an
    extended battery life which makes them so bulky and putting them
    in your pocket just reminds me of the old days with my bulky Sidekick.
    Galaxy S2 is my Favorite Smartphone to play around with, but
    for daily use I need a Crackberry.
    01-08-12 07:45 AM
    You need to add conclusions, or bold points, it is a wall of text that rambles currently, I honestly don't see a point in the post, I don't see which you prefer, at all
    Lol sorry the format is not pleasing to you. I will take your comments on board. The conclusion is there written quite clearly. If it was one or the other it would be the BB every time.

So for me, if one had to go and one was staying tomorrow.... The Blackberry Bold 9900 would be safe in my pocket any day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Snazy; 01-08-12 at 08:00 AM.
    01-08-12 07:55 AM
    Completely agree...I tried to weigh through that and it was tough...
    01-08-12 08:09 AM
    That is not really true, I go from 5am to 9pm everyday with pretty hard use, is the 9900 better? Yep, but there are advantages that go along with the lower battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 on Tapatalk
    01-08-12 08:44 AM
    I think the article is certainly informative and does get the author's ideas across. A good first try....

...now about those type O's.....
    01-08-12 09:19 AM
    but I just couldn't handle having to be tied down to a charger at all times.
    You don't have to.

in your pocket
    That's not entirely true. I didn't use an extended battery on ay of the Android devices I have owned and they all lasted from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. Actually, they lasted longer but I decided to just charge them when i went to sleep anyways.

Some Android devices do have poor battery life. Not all. I hear the SGS 2 actually gets really good battery life and can easily last a full day.

Once BB10 comes out, I highly doubt that the great battery life will last that much longer. My 9700 didn't even last a full day. Barely a full work day.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-08-12 at 09:49 AM.
    01-08-12 09:34 AM
    @deRusett do you dis-"honestly" see any point in the post? Although there may be structure problems with his writings, I am able to find the original posters points fairly well. What I appreciate about his effort is that he explained his position and experience clearly with regard to each device. I have very limited user experience with andriod, but that limited experience leads me to the same feelings as the original poster hasd about each platform. Thanks for the effort. OP.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Snazy likes this.
    01-08-12 09:45 AM
    @deRusett do you dis-"honestly" see any point in the post? Although there may be structure problems with his writings, I am able to find the original posters points fairly well. What I appreciate about his effort is that he explained his position and experience clearly with regard to each device. I have very limited user experience with andriod, but that limited experience leads me to the same feelings as the original poster hasd about each platform. Thanks for the effort. OP.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I stand buy my assertion. To find the points of each internal topic was a challenge, after reading the entire thing (twice now) I still am at a loss, it was detailed but rambling. depth but lacking a conclusion, even the concluding paragraph doesn't really give the feeling of a concluding blog post.
    I can appreciate the OP did a considerable amount of writing, but by Blogging it, and putting it out there to read, the structure and appearance are as much to be criticized, as the content. Hopefully the next write up improves due to the criticism.

I appreciate that it can be challenging, which is a reason I don't blog as I too ramble and have to go back and review to make sure my point was clearly stated in opinion pieces.
    01-08-12 10:09 AM
    No offence to OP but the piece was too wordy a rambling, making me tired of reading (fatigue factor), although I was very interested in finding what the OP wanted to say (the title allured me :-)..
    By the time I went half way, I started reading every few lines, often skipping an entire paragraph. if he made points more concisely, the "blog" would have come across more effectively, but it's his blog.
    I think the OP was trying to say that, if given 2 choices, he would take a BB. He is obviously a qwerty fun if I'm not mistaken.
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-08-12 12:20 PM
    in your pocket just reminds me of the old days with my bulky Sidekick.
    Galaxy S2 is my Favorite Smartphone to play around with, but
    for daily use I need a Crackberry.
    Seriously people? The days of 3 days with a phone on a single charge are gone. Perhaps a few years ago..the Androids were like that..but with normal useage you can usually easily get a day out of them. Here's my screen from yesterday:

That wasn't heavy use, but lots of emails, some texts and IM's, and about 30mins in voice call at this point. Being at 75% after 8 hours is more than good enough for most people. And that's with the stock battery and normal useage while i'm working.
    01-08-12 12:29 PM
    No offence to OP but the piece was too wordy a rambling, making me tired of reading (fatigue factor), although I was very interested in finding what the OP wanted to say (the title allured me :-)..
    By the time I went half way, I started reading every few lines, often skipping an entire paragraph. if he made points more concisely, the "blog" would have come across more effectively, but it's his blog.
    I think the OP was trying to say that, if given 2 choices, he would take a BB. He is obviously a qwerty fun if I'm not mistaken.
    +1. Not a serious effort appeared to be given with the GS2. Which is fine, but don't write a "blog" on it if all's your gonna do is compare apps. Especially given the already bias towards Qwerty KB's.
    01-08-12 12:33 PM
    You don't have to.

That's not entirely true. I didn't use an extended battery on ay of the Android devices I have owned and they all lasted from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. Actually, they lasted longer but I decided to just charge them when i went to sleep anyways.

Some Android devices do have poor battery life. Not all. I hear the SGS 2 actually gets really good battery life and can easily last a full day.

Once BB10 comes out, I highly doubt that the great battery life will last that much longer. My 9700 didn't even last a full day. Barely a full work day.
    They already lost there great battery life. When I tried 9930 I was looking for a charger by 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I don't know about the android comparison but with 4s I make it the entire day easy!
    01-08-12 12:35 PM
    Seriously people? The days of 3 days with a phone on a single charge are gone. Perhaps a few years ago..the Androids were like that..but with normal useage you can usually easily get a day out of them. Here's my screen from yesterday:
    To be fair my curve 9300 connected to BES lasts 3 days, I use my Calendar for mileage recording, for taking 2-5 notes a day inside the calendar appointments.
    about 5 hours of Phone calls over those 3 days, and sending 30-100 emails over those 3 days.

Smartphones CAN last 3 days with moderate usage which is what I call that.

My 9900 which triples that usage doesn't last more than 1 business day.
    01-08-12 12:50 PM
    Thanks for the comments guys. Points taken about the writing style. Who ever knew CB was so fussy lol.
    Just kiddin, it was a bit of a ramble really but glad some appreciate its intentions.

I guess its a bit each to their own. Thanks for all the feedback. It was never meant to be a GSM Arena write up, just my opinions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-12 01:14 PM
    Facebook has an "almost sexual appeal"? I might have reworded that.

And like DeRussett said, where's the conclusion? It's not clear which one you prefer.
    01-08-12 02:01 PM
    To be fair my curve 9300 connected to BES lasts 3 days, I use my Calendar for mileage recording, for taking 2-5 notes a day inside the calendar appointments.
    about 5 hours of Phone calls over those 3 days, and sending 30-100 emails over those 3 days.

Smartphones CAN last 3 days with moderate usage which is what I call that.

My 9900 which triples that usage doesn't last more than 1 business day.
    I agree with on this also...my wife has a 9330 that she charges every three days...now she is nowhere near a heavy user but this phone has a beast of a battery. And like you, my 9930 needs charged each night.
    01-08-12 03:30 PM

Click to view quoted image

That wasn't heavy use, but lots of emails, some texts and IM's, and about 30mins in voice call at this point. Being at 75% after 8 hours is more than good enough for most people. And that's with the stock battery and normal useage while i'm working.
    You also appear to barely use that thing. lol
    01-08-12 03:31 PM
    Since I've upgraded my Bold 9650 to OS6, the battery dies with no activity! Go to bed with 50% charge, wake up to a dead battery! A little frustrating!
    01-08-12 03:38 PM
    You also appear to barely use that thing. lol
    I don't have a job where i'm constantly on my cellphone..as I'm sure is the case for a lot of people. Either way, even when I do put in heavy use (not deRusset use though), I can get a full 12 hours out of it. These "stories" about having to run for a charger every 3 hours with every Android phone is a joke, which is what I was getting at.
    01-08-12 03:46 PM
    I don't get the whole 3-5 hours of time before a charge either. I get 12-15 hours of heavy use on my mytouch4G. I mean it is usually in the red, but I no care as I charge everynight. Did the same with my BB.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-08-12 06:17 PM
    +1. Not a serious effort appeared to be given with the GS2. Which is fine, but don't write a "blog" on it if all's your gonna do is compare apps. Especially given the already bias towards Qwerty KB's.
    What would be a serious effort? We going to tell people what to blog? Dude that it for what it is and move on.
    Snazy likes this.
    01-08-12 06:44 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD