For 3 days,my phone bold 9900 camera has been saying close other application,I've restarted and update it.Is still the same pls any solution
    04-02-13 08:48 AM
    04-02-13 09:24 AM
    For 3 days,my phone bold 9900 camera has been saying close other application,I've restarted and update it.Is still the same pls any solution
    05-11-13 05:15 AM
    My sister gave me her old Blackberry 9900 because my crappy 8520 finally gave up on me a couple of weeks ago . I put my sim and SD card in, and plugged it into my mac and updated all the software (which she'd never done), turned the phone on and tried to use the camera. The camera doesn't work and it comes up with a message saying "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    I have done all suggested here: KB15544-"Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone
    And here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-camera-81529/
    I.E. closing all applications, hard resetting, wiping the phone to factory settings, physically clicking the camera (which is pretty much impossible on a 9900 without unscrewing the entire phone to access the back camera panel, which I don't trust myself to do), device self test...etc, and nothing works! The camera did not respond to the device self test, but the Blackberry Knowledge Base website didn't specify what that actually means.

So, basically I'm just trying to get some advice. Does this mean that the camera is f*cked and needs to go to someone to replace/repair it? I'm guessing the answer is pretty obviously "yes", but I just can't be arsed to send it away and be without a phone for so long again, so I'm hoping someone has a miracle cure.

Thank you in advance!!!
    07-06-13 12:13 PM
    I had the same problem with the 8330 Curve. Sometimes taking the cover off and pressing lightly on the lens made it work again. Another thing that worked was to do a battery pull, take the sd card out(leave it out), restart the phone, pull the battery again and reinsert the sd card, restart the phone again and try the camera. One of these two usually worked for me.

Sent from my BBRY using Tapatalk
    07-07-13 07:53 AM
    i just cleaned my phone, around the lense and flash, then it worked.
    12-19-13 05:41 AM
    i just cleaned my phone, around the lense and flash, then it worked. dont ask, maybe just luck.
    12-19-13 05:42 AM
    03-30-14 02:57 AM
    It happened to me several times,all I did is open the camera then remove the lens then put the lens back again after that I never experience such thing again

Send from my GT-I9300 NeatRom 7.3 Using Tapatalk
    03-31-14 02:38 AM
    Hi everybody ! I have good news for all of you fighting with the camera problem "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again". After two weeks of my private investigation, I figured that the problem is caused by a small sponge that pressures the lens. It gets weak after some time and wears out causing bad connection between lens electronics and mainboard.
    SOLUTION
    1. Get T5 (Torx) screwdriver.
    2. Get single sheet of paper.
    3. Find Blackberry 9900 disassembly guide on youtube.
    4. Disassemble your Blackberry.
    5. Fold sheet of paper three times, then cut a square (10mm X 10mm) out of it with a centered hole, diameter 3~4mm (for lens)
    6. Put prepared paper square on the lens (carefully, get sure that lens glass is not covered by paper)
    7. Reassemble your Blackberry.
    Mine works properly now. I hope this small guide will help you, good luck!
    07-28-14 05:36 PM
    Had that problem once but a battery pull fixed it at least for a while.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:10 PM