I have had enough of my Torch 'cause of it's keyboard and since I don't use the touchscreen that much so I am thinking for a new change. Should I get the 9780 or the newest Curve Apollo? Comparing to the both which one is the best in everything? And not to mention the Bold's keyboard which is pretty much smooth and comfortable that I like about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 12:39 PM
    I guess it depends on whether or not you want a new BB now or are willing to wait. The 9780 is a good solid device and has proven to be very reliable. The only major difference is the Curve Apollo is rumored to have OS 6.1 when it's released. Athough a specific release date has not been announced.
    03-08-11 12:56 PM
    I think I can wait and live until the new Curve arrives, but why wait if the Bold 9780 beats to the Apollo? So the only difference between them is the OS 6.1 and NOTHING else? If that's the case then I'll be getting the Bold and have OS 6.1 on it. Is that possible or not? I'm not really a big fan of the keyboard that the new Curve have got nor it's glossy design.
    03-08-11 07:23 PM
    Get the 9780. Why wait when the Bold 9780 is an excellent BB, it can do anything you want, has a good 5 MP camera with flash + Autofocus, has 512 MB of RAM, even after installing 20 applications and 5 themes, I sitll have 275 MB of free space! So memory will never ever be an issue.

It has a very good battery rated at 1500 mAH, easily gives you 1.5 days with moderate to full usage.

It has an awesome keyboard and trackpad, it has a high resolution screen.

Seriously, what else would you want your BB to do other than the above?

And OS 6.1 will come to it in time, OS 6 has stabalized alot now though with the introduction of 6.0.0.480 and there are many nice themes now (free and paid) that get rid of the annoying UI scrolling bar!
    03-08-11 10:18 PM
    PS: I returned my Torch within 7 days and got the 9780, couldn't be happier!

I was so glad to return that bulky, low battery, crappy keyboard BB! I was playing non stop when I got my Torch.....but after a few days, when the excitement of the new touch screen fades away, you miss your full fledged keyboard and cany bar form factor
    03-08-11 10:20 PM
    I think I can wait and live until the new Curve arrives, but why wait if the Bold 9780 beats to the Apollo? So the only difference between them is the OS 6.1 and NOTHING else? If that's the case then I'll be getting the Bold and have OS 6.1 on it. Is that possible or not? I'm not really a big fan of the keyboard that the new Curve have got nor it's glossy design.
    If I were you I would just wait for the next gen of BB devices since they will have a lot better hardware and will be capable of so much more. They might not be coming out till mid to late year, but this will save you so much money.

Just speaking from experience since I use to buy phones at retail or at upgrade pricing almost 2-3 times a year and now kicking myself for the huge waste of money it was. It might seem worth it right now, but later on you'll most likely regret it later. Just my 2 cents.
    03-08-11 10:25 PM
    PS: I returned my Torch within 7 days and got the 9780, couldn't be happier!

I was so glad to return that bulky, low battery, crappy keyboard BB! I was playing non stop when I got my Torch.....but after a few days, when the excitement of the new touch screen fades away, you miss your full fledged keyboard and cany bar form factor
    Enough said!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD