This may of course not be the problem that you are experiencing. My WiFi on my bold stopped working after having the phone for 4 months and just couldn't figure it out . Then this big light bulb went off in my head (it should've went off weeks ago!). I went into my WiFi options under saved profiles I found my router. I deleted my router from my phone and started fresh creating a new connection between my bold and the router. It has worked perfectly since.
    I've tried this. Even reset the router, still same issues. My 9700 worked perfectly with wifi for a few weeks then suddenly won't stay connected. I have another 9700 that connects and stays connected. Can't figure it out
    06-14-10 12:30 PM
    Im having this problem as well and its so annoying. Im wondering if anyone upgraded to a new OS and had the problem fixed? And which os version was it.
    06-15-10 08:30 PM
    Mine connects and disconnects too much. I keep it off because there's no point in using it. I'll be getting the device replaced because I tried *everything* to fix it and nothing. Not even a wipe, up or downgrade did anything. It's the chip that's under fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 10:13 PM
    I had a similar issue*(wifi on...then off...on...then off) with a new Netgear wireless N300 router. I went into the router settings and changed the channel settings. It was set to "automatic"...I put it on channel 1. It's worked fine ever since. This unit is at our little weekend place, so it gets shut off during the week. No problems connecting when we fire it up on Friday evening upon arrival.
    06-16-10 12:52 PM
    Fixed mine. It was router. I unplugged it for like 30 mins, then started it back up. No problems since then. Not sure why it was only affecting this 9700. But all is well now.
    06-17-10 11:49 AM
    May want to try steps 4 and 5 first, but I started at step 1.
    1. GOTO Options > Mobile Network
    2. Highlighted Carrier (in my case Bell) and click
    3. Popup > Diagnostics test
    Got email message from BlackBerry that "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"
    Also received and email from my own email account of a "Self-Ping"
    While the messages were arriving:
    4. I went into Connections > Wifi Options and deleted my router.
    5. Then I manually installed my router and after a couple minutes the icon turned white.
    08-16-10 04:31 PM
    All valid answers but WHY do things on BBs have to be so f***ing complicated. My iPhone connects straight away & stays connected my BB makes me wanna go CRAZY. Why why why all I want to do is connect to a wireless network, not too much to ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Menna.66 likes this.
    09-17-10 09:53 AM
    i have a blackberry bold 9700. since i got the phone i've been trying to work the wifi on my phone.. i dont have a data plan yet & i was wondering if anyone can help me... i just want to use my wifi at home... please show me the strings... really need help..
    10-18-10 07:47 AM
    Hi,

After my 9000 died a HORRIBLE death, after hearing them talk up the 9700 on the podcast, I got one. And the Wifi is KILLING ME. I get an IP and all, and ONCE and a while I can do Wifi stuff for a few seconds, but then afterwards it won't do anything more. I've deleted the profile, I've rebooted the router, I've done anything/everything I can think of. HELP!
    11-17-10 09:10 AM
    Hy all , i just got my bold9700 and i had the same problem . I was terrifyed and confused but after reading a bit in forums i found the key and its called "users patience" no its not so strange that you might think .
    The WiFi icon in the upper right hand corner will be grey for a whiile , after setting "Data Services" and "While Roaming" to ON and most of all set the default browser to "Hotspot Browser" in the "Browser Configuration" menu your BBs priority will be set to WI-FI and after a while (here comes the patience) the icon becomes white . When trying to browse it shows me traffic from wi-fi (not from the provider ) . I was affraid in the beggining that i will be charged but no ... relax ... kust a copule restarts of the modem/router and the BB , setting abovementioned and you`re in business .
    Enjoy
    Greetengs from Bulgaria
    Last edited by lazko; 02-17-11 at 03:46 AM.
    12-04-10 02:15 PM
    Hi,

After my 9000 died a HORRIBLE death, after hearing them talk up the 9700 on the podcast, I got one. And the Wifi is KILLING ME. I get an IP and all, and ONCE and a while I can do Wifi stuff for a few seconds, but then afterwards it won't do anything more. I've deleted the profile, I've rebooted the router, I've done anything/everything I can think of. HELP!
    For grins and giggles I checked and there was a newer v5 OS for the phone. Downloaded+installed...........No changes anywhere............And Wifi has been working PER-FECT-LY!

Tuc
    12-04-10 05:18 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD