I'm running .423. Had Google Maps then upgraded a few weeks ago to v.2. After that no gps. I've done the resets to the phone, gone the route of the gps reset from the adv options/gps/refresh gps. Done all of this from outside with nothing to block the phone from hitting the sats. Had a similar problem before and didn't write it down, but i think i went to adv options/gps/ and then menu & punch in a series of keys in specific sequence and that did a restore/fix of the gps. It worked before but can't seem to find it anywhere now. Yes, I've deleted bb maps/google maps reset phone reinstalled...all of that. just need the key/code sequence to reset/restore/fix gps. Anyone know what i'm talking about? Thanks.
    07-12-10 08:37 PM
    sheesh. 50 views and no comments? suggestions? NOBODY knows what i'm talking about?
    07-13-10 02:50 PM
    Try options,Advanced options, applications, highlight the GPS app, left menu key and select "edit default permission" and select "Allow" to all. That fixed my Telenav.
    07-13-10 08:06 PM
    sheesh. 50 views and no comments? suggestions? NOBODY knows what i'm talking about?
    I think this is what you're looking for:
    Go to Options -> Status. Type "test" and it'll bring you to another screen. Press the BB button, and select "start". Check the GPS button and press "Run".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 08:11 PM
    Try options,Advanced options, applications, highlight the GPS app, left menu key and select "edit default permission" and select "Allow" to all. That fixed my Telenav.
    One of the first things i did.
    07-13-10 11:32 PM
    I think this is what you're looking for:
    Go to Options -> Status. Type "test" and it'll bring you to another screen. Press the BB button, and select "start". Check the GPS button and press "Run".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    YOU THE MAN!!! That's what I was looking for! Thanks!
    07-13-10 11:33 PM
    And, we're up. GPS is back and Google Maps V.2 is working like its supposed to. Thanks!
    07-13-10 11:37 PM
    Okay, the Status Test for GPS worked in only 18 seconds... very nice! Now I know it's not the equipment.

However, the GPS function itself still does not show any location. (GPS Services ON, Location Aiding Enabled).

(Running 5.0.0 on Bold 9700) Thanks in advance.
    07-30-10 12:20 PM
    Ooops! Nevermind.

All is well.... thanks for the info on Status - Test
    07-30-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD