Hi,
    I recently upgraded my Bold 9700 OS to V 5.0.0.862. Now the problem is when I go to options, setup email account, the only option now available is creating an email account via the BES and as a result I can no longer log in to my BIS account which was available before I upgraded the OS.
    I tried to downgrade the OS to the previous one but the problem persists. Please help.
    08-25-10 03:38 AM
    Very strange bug indeed. I have never had that before. Have you called the carrier about this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 07:08 AM
    Have you tired logging into your BIS account through the web?
    08-25-10 07:25 AM
    Try registering the host routing table. Menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now.

Try logging to your BIS account from a computer and send service books to the device.

After trying the above options, go to the setup folder and see whether the email settings on the device are working fine ...

Hope this helps...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 11:46 AM
    Thank you for the help will try these options.
    08-25-10 01:03 PM
    My carrier is Orange Botswana, when I try logging in to my BIS account it says either my username or password is incorrect, when I click on forgotten password, the password is sent to my blackberry but still I cannot log in to the BIS account.
    When I tried recreating a new account after entering the PIN number and the IMEI number, I got the message that my device is not registered with the wireless provider. Went to advanced options and registered the host tables but nothing happens.
    I guess I will have to contact my carrier.
    08-25-10 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD