Well, I have a storm2 right now and i really love the touch screen and big screen ... But the OS is super buggy and the low memory and processor speed is killing me.

So, I could probably get a 9650 off of eBay for about $250 ... So do you guys think it is worth it to purchase that and update it to a leaked version of OS6? Will OS6 be enough to get me over not having a large touch screen?

Thanks.

Edit: regardless I will be getting the storm3 when it hits with the qnx operating system. So I would be getting the bold for 5-6 months at the most ... Is it worth it for a couple hundred dollars??
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 11-25-10 at 05:28 PM.
    11-25-10 05:21 PM
    Personally, and this is solely based on my opinion, I can't see how anyone can use a touchscreen lol, the bold is a great phone, the latest os 6 release is much better than previous releases, so in short I think you'd be ok with not having the touch screen

*edit* after reading your edit, if you really think you're only going to be using it for 5-6 months (you never know with release dates) I'd say wait
    Last edited by Nozzles Brewin; 11-25-10 at 05:31 PM.
    11-25-10 05:27 PM
    I love a touch screen; so much control, directness, and fun!
    11-25-10 05:44 PM
    If you think the phone's os is a little buggy, they just released a new storm 2 os today.... I would try that and if you still are not happy the bold is a good phone but for half a year I would be willing to hold out.

http://crackberry.com/official-os-5-...leased-verizon
    11-25-10 05:51 PM
    Ya. I'm waiting for the ota of that new OS. I'm on vacation and don't have the dm on my macbookpro.
    But from what I've heard the new update hasn't fixed much.

But, I think I can live with my S2. And I just don't know if I could give up the touch screen and drop $250 when the S3 could drop as early as January ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 06:03 PM
    I know exactly what you mean you'll be fine with your storm, I thought the update might be a little bit of help. I would recommend not doing the ota update though. I really wanted to try it and I didn't want to do it on either of my bolds so I did it on the tour and it bricked that. Had to fix that one.
    11-25-10 06:07 PM
    I just broke my storm 1. Hooked My pearl back up and it lasted about a day before I went and picked up a used 9550. For me it was hard to go back to keys and a smaller screen.

On a side note. I'm kicking myself for not geTting a 9550 a long time ago. But my storm did the job with minute problems for the last two years so I didn't see the point if I didn't have to. Sure enough it had to break now. Lol ugh. Definitely looking forward to the Storm 3 though.

11-25-10 06:13 PM
    I had a Storm 2 and got fed up with the poor voice quality and switched to a 9650 (with OS5 so far) and I really miss the touch screen. If the upgraded Storm 2 OS fixes the voice quality issues I would stick with it.

I really hope you are right that a Storm 3 will be brought out soon because I would buy it.
    11-25-10 10:07 PM
    Bold is the way to go... Tried all kinds of phones. Just wait until we finally get a touchscren bold. If it somes out before storm 3 even better. And w qnx. our stuff will shame others

11-25-10 10:38 PM
    Why not just buy a Bold off ebay and sell the storm 2 on craigslist for a decent price? The 9650 with os6 is still kinda buggy and has its issues but keep in mind its a leaked version. Its really up to you on what you want to do so good luck.
    11-25-10 11:51 PM
    It depends on what u like but personally I would go with the 9650...overall better phone.
    11-26-10 05:28 PM
    Well, I have a storm2 right now and i really love the touch screen and big screen ... But the OS is super buggy and the low memory and processor speed is killing me.

So, I could probably get a 9650 off of eBay for about $250 ... So do you guys think it is worth it to purchase that and update it to a leaked version of OS6? Will OS6 be enough to get me over not having a large touch screen?

Thanks.

Edit: regardless I will be getting the storm3 when it hits with the qnx operating system. So I would be getting the bold for 5-6 months at the most ... Is it worth it for a couple hundred dollars??
    Keep s2...I have .607 Os and it runs flawlessly. Going from a large screen to a smaller screen will drive you nuts.

11-26-10 08:07 PM
    I have a Storm2 and love it. It even like typing on it. I prefer my Curve 3G though. I like the lighter weight and curved edges. I also enjoy the fact that I can text wihout looking.

11-26-10 10:54 PM
    I had a Storm 2 and got fed up with the poor voice quality
    The people at Verizon played like they didn't know what I was talking about when I told them my 9550 had a dialup or computerized sound to it. I hope the Storm 3 is better too. I love my touchscreen too much.

11-27-10 08:18 AM
    I am in agreement with Nozzes If you aren't intending to use the Bold for a extensive period of time, don't spend the money. I happen to love the Bold. It is an awesome device, but since you love the touchscreen so much, the Bold will not be a happy switch for you.
    11-29-10 12:42 PM
    I would probably wait it out.
    11-29-10 03:07 PM
    email or message can be read faster and more convenient in a Storm than in a Bold because of the larger screen
    11-29-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD