Hi,

On my home screen, the WIFI indicator is light grey, but when I hit the blackberry button and the blackberry goes to the screen with all my icons the wifi icon becomes white. When i go to "manage connections" it shows the network name with a green checkmark. Does anyone know why the wifi indicator is greyed out on my home screen?
    06-15-10 04:17 PM
    It appears as though many people are noticing the icon in grey when it is on the home screen, yet the wifi is still working. When they go to application screen or any other menu the indicator becomes white as well.

Personally I have no answer, and find it very odd because my icon is always white when I am at home at work (where I have wifi connected)
    06-15-10 04:20 PM
    If the wifi indicator is gray it means that wifi is enabled but not necessarily connected to a wifi router. Or that it is connected and no internet is available.

If the indicator is white it means you are connected and services are available.
    06-15-10 04:24 PM
    What's weird is that it is only grey on the home screen; wants i goto ff the home screen it was white.

UPDATE: I just changed my theme and then changed it back to the basic verizon theme and now the WIFI indicator is white on my home screen as well.
    06-15-10 04:26 PM
    Im having this problem as well
    06-21-10 04:10 PM
    If the wifi indicator is gray it means that wifi is enabled but not necessarily connected to a wifi router. Or that it is connected and no internet is available.

If the indicator is white it means you are connected and services are available.
    Make sure the browser is on Hotspot browser. If you open the browser, load a website, and see no 3G or data symbol you are on WIFI (you will only see the wifi symbol on the top right corner). Wifi glows white when you're connected to wifi over the bis network. Depending on your router, your connection may be different.

I got this info from a bb tech from rogers.
    06-21-10 04:50 PM
    Is this an OS issue? Are you guys running .732?
    06-21-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD