I have the Blackberry Bold 9650 with Verizon and just completed the upgrade to OS6. Suddenly all of my pictures and ringtones are gone and it says my media card is not formatted even though it has been working fine since I got the phone 8 months ago and has been fine through 2 other upgrades. Can anyone help? The pictures on my phone were priceless to me of my God kids, wedding, and many other events I can't get back. PLEASE HELP!
    03-30-11 12:58 PM
    This should probably be in the Bold9650 section, you may get more on topic answers there.

Have you done a battery pull though? And have you removed and re-inserted the media card?
    03-30-11 01:02 PM
    I did a complete reset on the phone - nothing. When I take the media card out and reinsert it, the message is that the card is not formatted and do I wish to format it.
    03-30-11 01:12 PM
    Any way for me to switch back and HOPEFULLY get my stuff back?
    03-30-11 01:16 PM
    Can you see the files on the card from your PC?
    03-30-11 01:23 PM
    yes..not on the device though
    Move your files to the PC, reformat your card inside the Bold. The OS6 file structure is different. Then copy files back to their appropriate folder.
    amandajo12 likes this.
    03-30-11 01:27 PM
    Yah, I'm sure you can still get all of the pics on card to your computer... then go from there.
    03-30-11 02:29 PM
    If you don't have a device to read the micro SD card on the PC, they are pretty cheap at Bestbuy, staples, etc, should be able to get one for less than 20 bucks.
    03-30-11 02:59 PM
    Yah, I'm sure you can still get all of the pics on card to your computer... then go from there.
    I covered this not sure why you felt the need to repeat it.
    03-30-11 03:03 PM
    I covered this not sure why you felt the need to repeat it.
    just trying to help, not sure why you would need to post something as useless as you just did Is it against the rules to reiterate a suggestion or a piece of advise?

I thought I was having the bad morning after wisdom teeth surgery, guess my day has been going a little better than some others
    03-30-11 04:43 PM
    Move your files to the PC, reformat your card inside the Bold. The OS6 file structure is different. Then copy files back to their appropriate folder.
    I'm hoping that in the case of the OP that he or she can still access the card
    from a PC. If not, it's toast. This has happened to me before suddenly.
    03-30-11 04:52 PM
    This is the useless post:
    I helped her solve her problem...but thanks for the echo, I guess.
    03-30-11 05:01 PM
    Regardless, this is a stupid argument... I was only try to be optimistic and stating that it should be possible to get the pics from the card to a computer as you stated. I'm not really sure why you care so much to post on my repetitious post...

I'm sorry if i'm being a ****... i'm just bored out of my mind because I can't do anything because of surgery and i'm waiting to hear back from various ivy league colleges that I've applied to...
    03-30-11 05:05 PM
    Regardless, this is a stupid argument... I was only try to be optimistic and stating that it should be possible to get the pics from the card to a computer as you stated. I'm not really sure why you care so much to post on my repetitious post...

I'm sorry if i'm being a ****... i'm just bored out of my mind because I can't do anything because of surgery and i'm waiting to hear back from various ivy league colleges that I've applied to...
    Hope you're feeling better soon, and you're right: all things considered it is a stupid argument

Back to the topic of Bold 9650....
    03-30-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD