Excuse me for not understanding, but im kinda new to Blackberry. it just seems like Sprint/whoever else is dropping a new Blackberry device every couple of months, with very minimal changes or updates. i originally got a Blackberry because leaned more toward business, even when entering meetings, (usually) just the sight of a Blackberry would reek business. However, now, it seems as if Rim is stuck between trying to branch out to appeal to different crowds and staying constant. Confusing. Coming from android, i believe updates are important with the Blackberry, but it shouldnt be made into a toy. After the curve 85xx it seems as if 1/4 people i bypassed in a certain city was sporting one..anyway, just wondering if the companyis going to stay constant, as it is known to for its business devices, or turn into the average teenager's/ young adult, person's toy.
    Not bashing, i honestly want to know.
    10-18-10 01:42 PM
    To pretty much simplify the answer into one word-Money!
    10-18-10 02:41 PM
    I kind of agree. I've had many BlackBerry devices over the years. Most recently, what perplexed me was the lack of WiFi on the Tour 9630. Wifi has been a feature of most smart phones for years. Why would RIM not include it on one of their top tier phones. I have the Tour for work, and a Bold 9650 for personal use. Same form factor, minor memory enhancements, WiFi, and an optical track pad.
    10-18-10 03:00 PM
    Wifi has been a feature of most smart phones for years. Why would RIM not include it on one of their top tier phones.
    10-18-10 03:08 PM
    Why would RIM not push out multiple BBs? It gives a choice of form factor and price range. Also, RIMs competition is pushing out multiple devices as well. They need to compete with the competitions options. Apple is the only manufacturer that can settle with one device.
    10-18-10 03:27 PM
    Well, maybe not top tier, but since the 9650 is the Tour 2 and there is relatively minor enhancements to the Bold 9650 from the 9630. Though, like I said the track pad is very nice, as well as the extra memory.
    10-18-10 03:38 PM
    This isn't that different from 2008, when several BlackBerry devices were released: CDMA Curve 8330, Flip 8220, Storm 9530 and Bold 9000 were all in that year. And then in early 2009, the Curve 8900 came out.
    10-18-10 10:11 PM
    Excuse me for not understanding, but im kinda new to Blackberry. it just seems like Sprint/whoever else is dropping a new Blackberry device every couple of months, with very minimal changes or updates. i originally got a Blackberry because leaned more toward business, even when entering meetings, (usually) just the sight of a Blackberry would reek business. However, now, it seems as if Rim is stuck between trying to branch out to appeal to different crowds and staying constant. Confusing. Coming from android, i believe updates are important with the Blackberry, but it shouldnt be made into a toy. After the curve 85xx it seems as if 1/4 people i bypassed in a certain city was sporting one..anyway, just wondering if the companyis going to stay constant, as it is known to for its business devices, or turn into the average teenager's/ young adult, person's toy.
    Not bashing, i honestly want to know.
    Ok, that makes no sense.

You're saying you don't like the idea that RIM is trying to increase their market share by targeting consumers?

They haven't released any new and/or innovative devices for a while (except the Torch). Everything else is just a rehash of what's already been on the market, and the reason for it was because their previous devices didn't have enough RAM to run OS6.
    10-19-10 04:29 AM
    Maybe I'm not awake yet, but my first comment would is that I want to be able to have choices. I can't imagine how that could be bad.
    I' actually thinking about picking up the new little Curve, just for 'scuzz...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 04:35 AM
    What most people fail to understand is that the majority of the population does not want a Droid or an iPhone or even a Torch. They just want a phone that's inexpensive, can text, use on the internet occasionally, and then, I know this is going to sound crazy, but something they can actually use as a phone. The Style just came out and already people are attacking it as if it's meant to compete with an iPhone. Marketing a variety of phones with a variety of specs and options is good business. And like one of the earlier posters said, one word, MONEY.
    10-19-10 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD