Hey there,

I have got three questions about my BlackBerry Bold 9000.

1) If and when I get a new battery, what's the first thing I should do to make sure it will function correctly?

2) Is there a way to choose a custom Text Tone? I added the one I wanted to the Ringtones folder on my Media Card but I am not able to set it as SMS-tone.

3) How long does your Bold 9000's battery last on EDGE?

4) Is there a free theme that would give you the OS6 look? The one I got by installing JSL is pretty nice, but I am looking for one that is even closer.

5) How do you explore the Media Card on the phone? Some sort of a file explorer like iFile on iPhone or File Manager on Nokia.

6) Is there a way to change the Home Screen/Menu Screen wallpaper? The one behind the icons in the Menu folder.

7) When I plugin the USB cable, my BlackBerry is not read as a storage device anymore even though the Media Card is in and I enabled the Media Card Support & Mass Storage Mode Support, and the Auto Enable is on PROMPT. How can I fix that? It didn't work on 4.6, 5.0, and currently on JSL v.5 hybrid.

Thank you so much.
    03-04-11 04:08 PM
    1) If and when I get a new battery, what's the first thing I should do to make sure it will function correctly?
    Charge it for at least 8 to 12 hours. There is no risk of an overcharge.

5) How do you explore the Media Card on the phone? Some sort of a file explorer like iFile on iPhone or File Manager on Nokia.
    Media / Explore. The native BlackBerry File Manager.

6) Is there a way to change the Home Screen/Menu Screen wallpaper? The one behind the icons in the Menu folder.
    Select the Image, press Menu and select Set as Home Screen.
    03-04-11 05:46 PM
    Wow! That's a lot more than 3 questions.

1. Keep it on a charge till full the first time, but technically that isn't neccessary. The lithium-ion batteries used can be charged as often as you'd like. The only bad thing is letting it completely drain.

2. Use Profiles, and make sure you are setting SMS for the profile you use.

3. Battery life is completely subjective. Your OS, backlight settings, the notifications you use, apps installed, they all have an effect. No two people could compare battery life.

4. Keep looking, there are a ton of themes out there to choose from.

5. Open the Media folder, menu, Explore.

6. No

7. Try resetting it again. Turn it off, save it, turn it back on, and have it prompt mass media storage.
    03-04-11 05:53 PM
    Wow! That's a lot more than 3 questions.
    It was probably 3 when it started in Arabic, but English is such a #%!@^ inefficient language it turned into 7.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    03-05-11 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD