I just got a new 8330 and after a couple days I hooked it up to the desktop. It said I needed to upgrade the software. When it got done I can't find my contact Icon or my contacts. Was I supposed to back this up or something before I installed the upgrade or is it there somewhere and I can't find it. I new to this or any smart phone.
    Help?
    03-05-09 09:29 AM
    Anytime you upgrade firmware or operating systems you should back up your data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:37 AM
    Try a battey pull, if that don't work then you can try a HRT & Send Service Books. Try the pull first and if that don't work I will walk you thru the HRT & Service Books.

EDIT:

Anytime you upgrade firmware or operating systems you should back up your data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes this is extremely important advice. Usually an OS update will go smoothly BUT a backup can save your *** if something goes wrong!
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-05-09 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added info
    03-05-09 11:09 AM
    Thanks the battery pull worked.
    03-05-09 11:35 AM
    Hey welcome to Crackberry.com! This is how it works, and in no time YOU will be helping newcomers yourself. If you have any other questions or problems, PM or email me. Glad to help.
    03-05-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD