Hey guys. Got a 9700, and all of a sudden the Bluetooth just quits working.

I can't enable it at all - it just displays a red X in the connections window and won't turn on. Can't enter Bluetooth setup or options either.

I've tried pulling the battery and reloading the OS (running the latest 5.0 release). Nothing.

The only other issue is the Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error I have, which started at about the same time.

Any ideas for me? It's not critical but it'd be really nice if I could use my headset again.

Thanks!
    04-20-10 03:52 PM
    Hey guys. Got a 9700, and all of a sudden the Bluetooth just quits working.

I can't enable it at all - it just displays a red X in the connections window and won't turn on. Can't enter Bluetooth setup or options either.

I've tried pulling the battery and reloading the OS (running the latest 5.0 release). Nothing.

The only other issue is the Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error I have, which started at about the same time.

Any ideas for me? It's not critical but it'd be really nice if I could use my headset again.

Thanks!
    Try an earlier official carrier release
    04-20-10 05:31 PM
    Wow I am having the exact same problem. Kind of twisting me because I had a 9000 for a while with no problems. I went to the 9700 because of the trackball. If anyone knows how to fix this please let us know.

Thanks
    05-02-10 10:31 PM
    Try an earlier official carrier release
    I checked and the one I downloaded is from my carrier, and it looks like it's the one it shipped with - the last update was well before I bought my phone.
    05-05-10 10:51 AM
    SUPER THREAD BUMPING ACTION.

To anyone who finds this thread later, the problem did go away. T-Mobile released 5.0.0.586 a little while ago and it fixed my problem, as well as a weird bug I was having with my picture folders. So I guess I got lucky there, because if that didn't fix it, I'd still be stuck!

Thanks guys!
    05-28-10 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD