hi, i have just bought the 8320 and know nothing about blackberrys. Problem number one is i cant recieve anything via bluetooth. i have paired with the device and can send to it but cant recieve. I have even gone in the media menu and selected ''recieve via bluetooth'' in which it comes up as ''waiting for file transfer'' but when i press send on the other phone it says failed straight away still . this is a yellow minus sign aswell.

problem 2 is i cant connect to my home router. it picks up the sky connection but there is still a yellow minus sign next to it. it says cant connect and to contact service provider? on the wifi diagnostics it says DNS server cannot be reached and VPN profile is not found. However it is connected to the sky router? (netgear)

any thoughts or is this a broken phone?

vicky
    11-06-09 06:15 AM
    I can't speak to your BlueTooth issue, but I can offer some advice on dealing with your WiFi connection.

Orange UK does support Unlicenced Mobile Access (UMA) on BlackBerry with Wifi and the correct factory provisioning. If everything is working correctly, you should see the "UMA" indicator in place of the mobile network when connected.

If you do not, use the built in Diagnostics to determine why the connection has failed.

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

There are multiple sections. First is your Wifi connection. If you have it set up correctly, you should see two green check marks and the message, Successful Connection. If not, make a note of the error message.

Scroll down to the section labled UMA. If everything is correctly configured, you will see two green arrows and the message, Successful Connection. If not, there will be an error message to assist you.

Judging from your observations, the yellow indicator means you have a Wifi connection, but you do not have the full UMA connection. You should still be able to use the Hotspot Browser, but none of the email or message programs.
    11-06-09 10:34 AM
    Some carriers restrict what you are able to send via bluetooth. Ex. Sprint won't let you send tones via bluetooth on some phones. Have you tried bluetooth transfer with a blackberry device or a different phone than the one you cannot transfer with?
    11-06-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD