01-26-11 07:07 PM
55 123
    Since I upgraded the firmware in the Storm to the latest official one. Pro blem has been resolved. I am now using the Plantronics Voyager Pro
    08-02-09 04:48 PM
    have you all tried Vlingo i have the 8130 Pearl i own Jawbone and Motarola H710 i have aether been lucky or its a great app.you can get it free or pay for text to email and stuff but for calling and voice notes it really good
    08-08-09 09:59 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8310 from AT&T and had the same "Initializing; please wait" when the Bluetooth earpiece was connected voice dialing problem. What solved the problem for me was turning off the Bluetooth earpiece WHEN THE "Initializing; please wait" MESSAGE WAS STILL ON SCREEN. When I turned the Bluetooth earpiece back on I could voice dial without issue.
    My BB/Headset/Carrier are:
    BB 8830 WE
    Motorola H500

I, too, have had the same problem since getting the phone in June. Jippo's fix inspired me to try something very similar, which also seems to work:

After power up, and before turning on the BT headset, I use Voice Dialing once from the handset (using either the Convenience key on the side of the phone or selecting the Voice Dialing app on the screen). The BB performs its initializing and scanning functions and then starts working. I then turn on my headset and it works, as well.

I would appreciate it if others let me know if this works for them.

On a side note, Voice Dialing from my RAZR using the same BT worked much faster than VoiceSignal on my BB.
    09-25-09 02:23 PM
    Problem: Phone is stuck in "Intialize" screen

Just pull the battery.
    01-19-10 08:26 AM
    Update the OS. This is a known bug in Updating to an OS of 0.99 or higher will fix it.
    Well then why haven't they fixed it in 2 years?!! I swear to god this phone is piece of ****! I can never get voice dialing to work and I have the most current OS at of today. I have a storm and I'm getting a new phone when my contract is up in a few months.
    01-26-11 07:07 PM
55 123