Checking in with the same problem on my AT&T 8300 Curve, voice dial with my Moto HS820 was working fine, then it started taking longer to initialize, now it wont at all
    05-04-08 01:22 PM
    I am having the same issue with B/T voice-activated dialing. I have a BB Curve and a TechnoCel B/T earbud. Worked great for about 2 months and now it sticks at the 'Initializing... Please Wait...' Can't figure out why it stopped working or how to get it going again...
    05-05-08 12:22 PM
    I had the same problem. Voice dial just stopped working with my BT headset. I tried the batter pull reset on the Curve and voice dialing now works again. So this does appear to be a software problem that is fixed by a hard reboot.
    05-09-08 05:31 PM
    I just thought I would add that I too am having this same problem. Its a shame theres so many with this problem yet no real fix, other than pull the battery. Which is pretty stupid.
    05-23-08 11:07 AM
    So I also have the problem...

There are lots of me too's.

Has any one found a solution?
    06-23-08 06:20 PM
    My 8310 Curve is doing the same thing with a ZAnt Z9. I returned the phone and got a replacement phone. After one day it does the same thing.

Did anyone ever post or find a solution to this problem?
    Last edited by brveswin; 08-03-08 at 09:30 PM.
    08-03-08 08:41 PM
    My 8830 and Motorola headset worked great for a week. Now, nothing. I'm looking for a solution.

thanks
    10-25-08 08:18 PM
    The voice recognition on my 8830 wasn't the greatest but at least it worked until this week. Now it locks up like all of the others on this thread whether on the earpiece or on the handset. There is definitely a bug in this software. Is anyone listening at RIM?
    11-14-08 01:42 PM
    I had this problem too... before I found out that you must keep about 12mb memory free on the BB for it to function properly. If you haven't experienced call logs and messages disappearing, expect it soon unless you free up some memory. That's why your battery pulls 'fix' it.

There's a sticky explaining how to free up memory on the site here.
    11-20-08 02:37 AM
    I have a brand-new Storm; got it on 21-Nov. My bluetooth headset is a Parrot B150 which I used with my two previous Razrs with no issues. And for the first day or two, pressing the B150 multifunction button launched Voice Dialing on the Storm just as expected. But that has now stopped; pressing the button now causes the Storm to re-dial the last number dialed! That's annoying... it doesn't hang at the voice dialing screen as others have reported, but just does a re-dial. Battery pull DID NOT change the behavior.
    11-26-08 08:11 PM
    Switched from the Curve to the Storm on VZW. Storm has issues with handset voice dial as well as BT Jawbone II. These issues did not exist on my Curve. VZW even bundles the Jawbone II with the storm - wonder if they ever tested this combo. Soft reset (remove battery) fixes issue for both BT and handset voice dialing - but what a pain. If this is not fixed with in my 30 day grace period I will return the Storm and go back to the Curve. or possibly one of the new windows mobile touch screen handsets. Has anyone tried vlingo as a workaround?
    12-02-08 06:49 AM
    I too have the same issue of Voice Dialing not working on my Storm with Jawbone BT that was part of the new promo. It was working the first couple of days and now nothing. Only can recieve calls with the BT. I know in the past few days I've customized some settings and have used the head phones, and have cancelled a Voice Dial initiated via the side button on the Storm several times - both of these were some posters belief for the issue. I have yet to try the hard reboot via battery pull. Hope that works and hope a software update is soon.

Other issues are ... my mute ringtone \ vibrate button on the top right of the phone no longer works and overall the touch screen lags quite a bit from time to time.
    12-02-08 09:02 AM
    I have a BB Curve 8310 from AT&T and had the same "Initializing; please wait" when the Bluetooth earpiece was connected voice dialing problem. What solved the problem for me was turning off the Bluetooth earpiece WHEN THE "Initializing; please wait" MESSAGE WAS STILL ON SCREEN. When I turned the Bluetooth earpiece back on I could voice dial without issue.
    02-15-09 03:28 PM
    It is amazing that there is not a fix yet, I returned my first BB Storm because of this problem, and my second worked for about a week and now I am having the same old issues again.

Rebooting either you phone or Jawbone only works for a limited amount of time before it starts freezing again.

Someone please find an fix
    02-15-09 09:10 PM
    I got the Storm on the 16th of February and am having the same problem...my voice dial works but not with my blue tooth which is the Motorola H505. Same as everyone else...it will work for a little while and then stop with the "Initializing please wait...". Due to my work schedule I depend on my drive time to make phone calls so being limited with my bluetooth is a real inconvenience. I hope someone can find a solution!
    02-27-09 11:21 AM
    I got the Storm on the 16th of February and am having the same problem...my voice dial works but not with my blue tooth which is the Motorola H505. Same as everyone else...it will work for a little while and then stop with the "Initializing please wait...". Due to my work schedule I depend on my drive time to make phone calls so being limited with my bluetooth is a real inconvenience. I hope someone can find a solution!
    Update the OS. This is a known bug in 4.7.0.75. Updating to an OS of 0.99 or higher will fix it.
    02-27-09 03:17 PM
    My voice dialing worked for several weeks then stopped. I removed the battery as suggested and it works fine now. We'll see for how long.
    Blackberry Storm and Motorola H680
    03-10-09 06:18 PM
    I am having this same problem. I have OS 4.7.0.75. How do I update to a higher OS?
    03-12-09 11:04 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8310 from AT&T and had the same "Initializing; please wait" when the Bluetooth earpiece was connected voice dialing problem. What solved the problem for me was turning off the Bluetooth earpiece WHEN THE "Initializing; please wait" MESSAGE WAS STILL ON SCREEN. When I turned the Bluetooth earpiece back on I could voice dial without issue.
    Is this fix still working for you? I have the same problem now on 2 different Storm's and with the Jawbone II and the Motorola H710.
    04-06-09 08:10 PM
    Update the OS. This is a known bug in 4.7.0.75. Updating to an OS of 0.99 or higher will fix it.
    Any proof of this? Do you use a BT headset and have you no longer encountered any problems? I am running .75 on the Storm. Anyone else with higher OS comment on this?
    04-06-09 08:15 PM
    I had the same problem and rebooted my phone and now calling from my Bluetooth headset works!
    04-08-09 09:06 AM
    I had same problem on my Storm with a Motorola H710 Blue tooth and finally rebooted my phone (removed battery) and now it works fine. Can call again using my headset.
    04-08-09 09:11 AM
    I had same problem on my Storm with a Motorola H710 Blue tooth and finally rebooted my phone (removed battery) and now it works fine. Can call again using my headset.
    I used the Motorola H710 and head the same problem as you. The only solution was to pull the battery (not very good while driving). If your experience is like mine it will happen again as it did to me and will just repeat. Since then I tried the jawbone II and a new Storm with similar failure "initializing, please wait" . It usually happens after a call ends and then the other party disconnects first. Please get back to this thread periodically and update us on your experience.
    Last edited by lv1; 04-08-09 at 09:49 AM.
    04-08-09 09:47 AM
    Today was a great day. Had to do 3 battery pulls in the course of 2 hours after Voice Activated dialing froze (initializing Please wait) on the Storm. It does it 25-50% of the time after a call is ended.
    04-14-09 03:38 PM
    I bought a Motorola H710 headset to go with my new BB8310. Connected it up and it worked flawlessly from the start. Then the headset died and I replaced it. This is when I started getting the initializing; please wait... message. After reading through this forum thread I tried a few things that others suggested.
    Power Down and remove/replace the battery. no luck.
    Powered down the headset while the message was up. no luck.
    Put the BB in the holster, removed it and the headset worked. Put the BB in the holster and tried again and it worked.
    Now it has only been working a short time, and others have mentioned it stops working again after a few days, so I may end up with the same problem after a while, but it got the thing working. Just thought I'd share.
    08-02-09 04:19 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD