Has anyone else had problems getting bluetooth to connect to the computer? I'm running 5.0.230 on storm 9530. I can't get the computer to be able to send files to the BB. It paired up successfully. Any suggestions?
    09-27-09 02:12 PM
    Is it a PC or a MAC? I know i've had trouble connecting and transferring files back and forth between my BB and PC
    09-27-09 06:48 PM
    Has anyone else had problems getting bluetooth to connect to the computer? I'm running 5.0.230 on storm 9530. I can't get the computer to be able to send files to the BB. It paired up successfully. Any suggestions?
    i just went through this whole issue. what software are u using for the bluetooth transfer and has it ever worked for you?
    09-27-09 07:15 PM
    You have to go into Media and then hit the BlackBerry button (options) and chose "Receive Using Bluetooth".

Then send it from your comp and it should connect.
    96Ag likes this.
    09-27-09 07:39 PM
    It is a PC running Vista. I have never been able to get the Bluetooth to work correctly with transferring files. My Palm Treo worked awesome.... Now, I did the .230 upgrade and it doesnt want to work at all. I downgraded to the .175 or whatever is is (last official release from Verizon), deleted the bluetooth pair, then re-installed the .230. It loaded the correct backup on the phone, and I was able to connect to the computer, but it won't connect to DM (Which it did before .230 install). I'm stumped.
    09-28-09 12:43 AM
    i just went through this whole issue. what software are u using for the bluetooth transfer and has it ever worked for you?
    I'm using the software that was installed in my computer. No aftermarket add-ons.
    09-28-09 12:44 AM
    what happened with mine is i bought the bluetooth add on for my computer and installed it and just let windows find it and install its drivers. that didnt work at all, i couldnt get either one to find each other. then i downloaded the toshiba stack and that would pair but i couldnt transfer anything so i uninstalled the toshiba stack and then let windows find it again and now it works fine. to transfer stuff you do have to hit receive file on ur storm for it to accept the send though, that could be a simple solution for ya
    09-28-09 10:29 AM
    I expanded the title a bit
    09-28-09 10:53 AM
    I have a blue tooth add on also. Works fine transferring from my pc to my 9530 as long
    As I set my phone to receive via Bluetooth. Only issue I have is sending files from my phone to my pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 01:43 PM
    with the new OS 6 on my BB bold 9650 , there is no "Receive Using Bluetooth" option. any suggestions with the new OS 6
    04-27-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD