Yes, I've searched.

I have problems receiving, but not sending.
    I tried all ways, but unsuccessful.

First, I've search and read. I tried going to Media and click on Receive using bluetooth. Before this, yes, i've added the device and paired with it.
    Unsuccessful.

Second, I delete the device, did a battery pull, search device, add device, pair device, and went into Media and Receive using bluetooth.
    Unsuccessful.

I searched on, and found about the Discoverable, and the Data Transfer thing. I set it to Yes, and ticked the Data Transfer.
    Unsuccessful.

Is there another way for me to try?
    Of all ways, I can send without fail.
    And oh, whenever i select Receive using bluetooth, it says "Connection failed " straight away. What's going on? Someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advanced.
    09-01-09 01:12 PM
    So, there's no one who can help me?
    I continued my search, and the answer i found is, "Receive using bluetooth" from the folder..

I tried, and yet couldn't connect. It says "Connection failed" straight away.
    09-02-09 05:35 AM
    Vynn

Please be more clear on what you are trying to resolve. Are you talking about pairing your bluetooth, or are you trying to connect just to media. Your post is a little vague.

Tell me what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help. Or maybe someone else will if you are more specific.
    09-02-09 07:12 AM
    Ok.

I have a friend holding to a non-BlackBerry phone, trying to send me a file(a photo). I couldn't receive at all. I can send to him(the same guy) successfully.

So i went online, searching for solution. I did everything i found. I've tried the ways listed below.

First way.
    • Add the device
    • Pair the device
    • Going into Media and click 'Receive using bluetooth'

Unsuccessful.

Second way.
    • Delete the device
    • Battery pull
    • Add device
    • Pair device
    • Going into Media and click 'Receive using bluetooth'

Unsuccessful.

Both ways, when i click on Receive using bluetooth, it says Connection failed straight away. So i went searching again, and found out about the Data Transfer and the Discoverable. Yes, i did that as well.
    09-02-09 07:28 AM
    First, is he sending the file via email? And what is the size of the file, because most carriers have a limit on the size one can send. I am still confused as to why you would be trying to receive the file via bluetooth.
    09-02-09 10:20 AM
    Oh.. He's sending thru bluetooth. The photo is a few hundreds kb.
    09-02-09 10:34 AM
    I've never heard of sending a file through bluetooth. How did you send the file to him that he received? Why doesn't he send the file to you via email, so you can just open it as an attachment?
    09-02-09 10:51 AM
    what device is he using? try recieving a photo or any media via bluetooth and see what happens. i know alot of sprint phones completley block sending/recieving any type of media. But that would be my first step in solving the prob if I had it.
    09-02-09 10:51 AM
    I've never heard of sending a file through bluetooth. How did you send the file to him that he received? Why doesn't he send the file to you via email, so you can just open it as an attachment?
    I can send out any files without any problems. He's using Samsung Jet, and he doesn't have any data plan. We were exchanging files, and i found out that I couldn't send out at all.

what device is he using? try recieving a photo or any media via bluetooth and see what happens. i know alot of sprint phones completley block sending/recieving any type of media. But that would be my first step in solving the prob if I had it.
    He's using Samsung Jet. He can receive files thru bluetooth from me. I tried. Whenever i clicked on Receive using bluetooth, "Connection failed" error msg came out straight away..
    09-02-09 11:38 AM
    then i would do the next logical thing, find someone else with media and see if they can bluetooth a file to you.
    09-02-09 12:16 PM
    Tried. Same error msg.

"Connection failed" whenever i click on "Receive using bluetooth"
    09-02-09 12:18 PM
    have you ever been able to recieve via bluetooth?
    09-02-09 12:22 PM
    The bad news is, tested with 2 guys, both of them failed. lol!

I even tried with my Macbook... Failed as well..
    09-02-09 12:22 PM
    have you ever been able to recieve via bluetooth?
    No, never. Failed ever since the first try..
    09-02-09 12:23 PM
    perhaps its a hardware failure? im outta idea's
    09-02-09 12:25 PM
    And i got it less than a month.. Brand new..
    I've searched, and i saw something that has to do with the setting.. Discoverable and the Data Transfer... I've selected Yes for the Discoverable, and ticked the Data Transfer..
    09-02-09 12:29 PM
    Go to manage connections and see if there's a checkmark on bluetooth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 07:06 PM
    Yes, i on it, before i can add device. Isnt it?
    09-03-09 04:42 AM
    Hey, I found a solution for a similar problem we faced and we were able to transfer files. Hope this helps you as well .

Before sending songs from mac,laptop or bluetooth enabled phone to Blackberry Curve 8900 via bluetooth, you should pair the bluetooth device with Blackberry Curve. for example, Pairing BlackBerry Curve 8900 and Computer: from BlackBerry home menu > Manage Connections > Bluetooth Options > Add Device, the BB curve will search for other bluetooth devices to pair with. select your device from the list of available Bluetooth devices, Enter the bluetooth passkey ( usually is 0000). The Curve will ask you if you want to remember the paired device for future connections, Choose yes or no. then on Computer enter the passkey when the window pops up.

then you should set up BlackBerry Curve 8900 to receive files via bluetooth. from BlackBerry Connections > Bluetooth Options > Press the menu key and select Options, change the Discoverable setting to Yes . when this setting was enabled, other bluetooth device can transfer songs to your BlackBerry Curve 8900.

Before you send songs from other bluetooth device, On the receiving BlackBerry Curve 8900, go into the Media section > choose Receive via Bluetooth , If you don�t tell the BlackBerry Curve 8900 to receive via Bluetooth first, it will reject any Bluetooth file transfer attempts from other devices.

To send songs via Bluetooth from your BlackBerry Curve 8900, you will go to Media > Music. Find the song you want to send. After highlighting the song, press the menu button and then select Send via Bluetooth.
    10-06-09 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD