I turn my Bluetooth on and off several times throughout the day. To do that, I have to click a couple of buttons and use the pearl a couple of times. Does anyone know if there's an app that will simply turn on BT when it's off and vice versa?
    04-11-08 12:24 PM
    You could always move the bluetooth Icon to where it shows on the home screen.
    04-11-08 12:30 PM
    Maybe I'm just being slow, but I'm not seeing the Bluetooth icon. Normally, to enable/disable BT, I go to Manage Connections, scroll to Bluetooth, check the checkbox and wait for it to connect. There's also a Set Up Bluetooth icon; is that what you're referring to?
    04-11-08 12:58 PM
    You should be able to enable/disable the bluetooth through "setup bluetooth". Click on the setup bluetooth icon. When the prompt comes up asking if you want to search for devices click cancel. Click the menu key and you'll have the option to disable/enable bluetooth.
    04-11-08 01:06 PM
    Or just move the manage connections Icon up to the top row and it will show on the home screen.
    04-11-08 01:09 PM
    I'll try the Setup Bluetooth option and see how that feels. I was just being lazy, I guess. I wanted an icon on my home screen that I could scroll to, hit once and it would automatically toggle for me.

Thanks!
    04-11-08 01:19 PM
    Go to Keyboard/Buttons in your Options screen and set on of the side buttons to open the BT Controller, then you will be just a shortcut button away.
    04-11-08 03:30 PM
    Go to Keyboard/Buttons in your Options screen and set on of the side buttons to open the BT Controller, then you will be just a shortcut button away.

Hmmm....that's an even better option! I didn't even think of that since i don't have my side buttons programmed for anything.
    04-11-08 03:34 PM
    I think assigning the left or right buttons (on side of the curve) to open "Manage connections" is the easiest way..Even then, you need to select the "enable bluetooth" from the "manage connections" screen.

I wish you could use the volume up and down key to enable and disable bluetooth when you on the home screen....as they have pretty much no function when you are on the home screen...wouldn't you agree ?
    04-13-08 01:59 PM
    I'm already using my left button for my Address Book and the right one to lock the keyboard (it's easier than pressing and holding *). So those are taken. And the Set Up Bluetooth works OK, but it doesn't disable Bluetooth; I still have to go to Manage Connections to shut it down. So I might as well just use Manage Connections for both.

I'm going to start another thread to see what is involved in writing an app for the BB. If nobody's got one of these already written, maybe I'll write it and help the community out just a wee little bit.
    04-14-08 12:17 PM
    I'm glad that i am not the only one that was looking for this particular solution.... thank God for Forums !
    04-17-08 07:57 AM
    Did anyone ever find a toggle icon for bluetooth and maybe another one for GPS? I have a storm and would like just an icon on my homepage to click to toggle, like a giant bluetooth symbol, or a satellite for GPS. Any ideas?
    10-23-09 12:36 PM
    Did anyone ever find a toggle icon for bluetooth and maybe another one for GPS? I have a storm and would like just an icon on my homepage to click to toggle, like a giant bluetooth symbol, or a satellite for GPS. Any ideas?
    Quicklaunch will do it.
    12-13-10 07:35 PM
    QuickLaunch has a bluetooth toggle as well as a gps toggle function.
    12-14-10 12:34 PM
    QuickLaunch has a bluetooth toggle as well as a gps toggle function.
    There is a Wi-Fi toggle function on QuickLaunch also.
    12-14-10 12:41 PM
    nothing like bumping a year-old thread...

having bluetooth on all the time does not drain the battery any more than turning it on and off all the time will. just leave it on and go with it. to connect, just click the connect button on your bluetooth device. same with GPS. just leave it on and go. wifi, on the other hand, if you have a TON of hotspots saved, you may see an additional draw on the battery through the day.
    12-14-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD