Merry meet all,
    Wondering if anyone's encountered this problem & can advise...
    My bluetooth won't synch w/ other devises . It'll detect other BT devises but won't connect ( always says connectioned failed ) .
    Trying to synch w/ wife's 8130 . Her phone detects mine & can send pics via BT to others but can't to my 8330 & my 8330 can't send or receive anything via BT .
    I've read a lot of threads & tried afew things from here ( making it " discoverable " , " listening " 1st , battery pull ) but nothing seems to work. Haven't tried Boost or BB CS yet , would like to DIY .
    Any thoughts anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 04:10 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "synch". BlackBerry devices do not sync with other BlackBerry devices.

They can pair. And you can send and receive files. Are you saying that you are not able to pair your BlackBerry with your wife's BlackBerry?

Or are you saying that you can get them to pair, but that she cannot send you a picture?

Are you going into the Media Application and pressing menu and selecting "Receive Using Bluetooth"? On a BlackBerry, you must initiate the file transfer on the device RECEIVING the file.
    07-19-10 07:49 PM
    You are correct,i meant paired.
    Our BBs "detect" each other but every time we try to send something it reads "connection failed".She has her BT paird w/ our trucks' BlueAnt & Ive never used my BT before.
    I was going back & forth from my BBs Manage Connections & Set Up Bluetooth to set up my BT. Is going thru the Media App some sort of jump start for the BT system?
    07-21-10 02:55 AM
    It's not a "jump start" but as I stated, you must use the "Receive Using Bluetooth" command on the device RECEIVING the file.

If you just send it from the other device, it won't work. It's a security feature.
    tye dye likes this.
    07-21-10 07:07 AM
    Thank you so much for the advise. I'll definately try your suggestion this weekend & report back.

07-22-10 01:08 AM
    I tried it , it worked! File transferred both ways ! TY !

07-26-10 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD