Love this new BB. When I go to Sync it up ,it will find the sync but to accept the passwoed to complete . Any body else here on rogers just get there Torch and have the same issues. How to fix .
    10-01-10 08:56 AM
    I picked up my new Torch and spent 2 days trying to get it to hook up to Ford Sync in my 2010 F150. The phone found Sync and when I entered the PIN (generated by Sync) it failed every time. I tried the touch key pad and the button key pad about 50 times - FAIL. I finally turned the Torch sideways and a different keypad displayed - this time I entered the PIN and immediately pushed the return / enter key. SUCCESS. In hindsight this was a huge oversight on my part - but the initial keyboard displayed does not show the return/enter key and after the PIN is entered it immediately times out and failed. Hope this helps - my system is working fine now.
    carryingatorch likes this.
    10-06-10 02:52 AM
    i SPENT 45 MINUTES ON THE PHONE WITH A ROGERS TECH REP,WHILE I WAS IN THE CAR TRYING TO GET SYNCHED UP. AFTER HE WAS TOTALLY AT A LOSS WHY IT WOULD NOT PAIR HE HAD ME SHUT OFF ALL SYSTEMS ON THE PHONE ,AND PULL THE BATTERY FOR 2 MINUTES,THEN PUT BACK THE BATTERY AND RE BOOT.FINALLY. ON A SIDE NOTE MY FORD DEALER TOLD ME AS WELL THAT A TRICK THEY USE IN SETTING UP ALL NEW PHONES IS TO DELETE ANY OTHER PHONES THAT ARE SET UP AS PRIMARY PHONES .
    10-06-10 08:51 AM
    I have a Fusion and everything works as intended.. Not sure what could be causing the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 09:36 AM
    I have my Torch 9800 and the Wife's Bold 9700 synced to my 2010 Ford Fusion SEL. My phone is the primary and hers is the secondary phone and we had the same issue. The problem is a time out issue with Sync and I was told by Fords Sync development team that the time out is a security feature. You have to enter the passcode generated by Sync into your Blackberry quickly without pause. As a test I tried it with my Son's iPhone iv and it behaved exactly the same as it does syncing to the 9800 and 9700. Once Sync generates the passcode Sync will actively seek the passcode for three minutes. If you have not entered the passcode pairing your phone within three minutes your phone will fail to pair and you will have to start over again
    Last edited by rmilessr; 10-06-10 at 10:25 AM.
    10-06-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD