Ok, I have a good one for the crackheads out there. Is there a way to turn the bluetooth on and off faster? I only use it when in the car and turn it on while driving, off when done. Each time I go to the bluetooth and set it to enable, it tries to search for devices and I tell it to stop. Is there a shortcut that would allow it to just be turned on and off since the headset I have is already paired with the phone?
    03-18-08 09:13 AM
    I just leave my bluetooth connection on all the time - but not discoverable. That way, once I get in the car all I have to do is turn my headset on and I'm good to go.

I haven't had any extra drain on the battery while doing this either.
    03-18-08 12:00 PM
    I have thought of doing that, but my concern was draining the battery down when not in use since I only need the bluetooth for the commute.
    03-18-08 12:22 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference in battery level since I've been leaving bluetooth on.
    03-18-08 06:18 PM
    I have a Handfree kit that needs to be shut down similar to that of an aged nuclear powerstation. Its a fancy Handfree Kit that prefers to be left on all the time.

So its easier to toogle the BT on the phone...... well it use to be!
    11-07-10 05:50 PM
    I use the Bluetooth togle function in QuickLaunch; works like a charm!
    11-17-10 01:44 AM
    I use the Bluetooth togle function in QuickLaunch; works like a charm!
    Same here. Works great, no hassle.
    12-06-10 01:47 PM
    i was looking to do the same thing
    the best way i figured out is to go to
    options
    keyboard
    convenience key
    set that for manage connections
    then when you want to turn it on or off all you have to do is press your convenience key then click ur track ball
    09-27-11 11:33 PM
    It's really easy in OS7 -- Scroll to the top of the screen, click, the manage connections menu comes up, scroll to Bluetooth, click again.
    10-03-11 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD