I have both an 8100 and an 8120. I bought brand new black housings for both phones, each from different sellers. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem though.

The Bluetooth range is great on my 8100 but the Bluetooth range is horrible on my 8120. The I could be listening to music on my Bluetooth Motorola Stereo headphones on the 8100 and walk across the house and still get great reception to my headphones. The phone can be on 1 corner of the house and my headphones on the other corner, and reception is perfect.

On my 8120, I can't move the phone more than 1 1/2 to 2 feet away without it going in and out. These headphones use the A2DP profile for music.

The reason I mention new housings is because I notice the housings have some sort of antenna on them on the bottom of the phone. Not sure what antenna it's for though. Wifi maybe? Cell tower antenna? Bluetooth? All of them? I get very very good cell phone and wifi reception so I'm not sure what's going on. I could try putting on the old housing but I'm a bit lazy at the moment. Blah maybe tomorrow.

Anyone know where the Bluetooth antenna is?
    02-06-10 01:42 PM
    on the newer devices, the wifi antenna is on the top of the phone and the radio antenna is on the bottom. as for the bluetooth, you got me.
    02-07-10 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD