i upgraded from .320 to .607. Now my volume on my bluetooth in my car is very low. Any suggestions are appreciated. if there is no fix i think i have to go back to .320.

Thanks
    04-07-10 02:28 AM
    Not the same problem as yours, but similar - The volume is MUCH lower on my Jawbone2 Bluetooth headset after upgrading from 5.0.0.320 to 5.0.0.607. I cranked the volume to max on the phone and the headset, and I still have to strain to hear conversations when driving. This is a major problem for me with this update. Hopefully someone will find a volume boost function or something.
    04-07-10 02:37 AM
    +1...I have a Motorola H710. Just upgraded to .607 yesterday and noticed the low volume on the ride home. Most of the other issues noted in the other threads haven't really affected me yet, but this one might be a real issue for me...

Hybrid anyone ??
    04-07-10 07:03 AM
    Additionally for me: My car has Ford Sync and it will no longer answer calls from the steering wheel controls. The phone seems out of "sync" with the BlackBerry. I am going back to 517.
    04-07-10 08:46 AM
    I just noticed this yesterday with the A2DP profile. I haf my headphones turned up all the way and kept trying to go louder with no luck. All the way up used to be too loud...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 09:47 AM
    I notice some loss volume and could no longer control the phone from my bluetooth car kit. I ended up deleting and adding the device back onto the phone. I got control back and I think my volume worked ok again.
    04-07-10 11:28 AM
    I also had the same problem with my motorola headset. I deleted it then paired it up again, and it works perfectly.

04-07-10 11:36 AM
    I tried deleting and re-pairing my Jawbone2, and it might be my imagination, but the volume does seem louder. I did this while sitting in my office, so I will have to wait until I am driving to make sure.
    04-07-10 12:28 PM
    I'm having the volume issues as well.
    Also, I sync via BT with my laptop.
    If I step away for some period of time, the connectiong to BT/laptop stays on the screen for some time.

Good Luck
    04-07-10 04:56 PM
    BT Volume on storm 2 is destroyed on plantronics 975.
    repairin does nothing.
    Reverted back to 428

This is secont time Riom has made this error.
    04-12-10 05:19 PM
    Not the same problem as yours, but similar - The volume is MUCH lower on my Jawbone2 Bluetooth headset after upgrading from 5.0.0.320 to 5.0.0.607. I cranked the volume to max on the phone and the headset, and I still have to strain to hear conversations when driving.
    ditto. will try deleting and re-installing.
    04-12-10 08:20 PM
    ditto. will try deleting and re-installing.
    Let me know how it works out for you. My Jawbone2 is now *useable* after re-pairing it, although not nearly as loud as it was on 5.0.0.320. I still can't understand how re-pairing would increase the volume level - perhaps its just a placebo effect from when I first used the Jawbone2 after upgrading to .607.
    04-12-10 08:40 PM
    reinstalling on SYNC didnt help me...still cant hear it...worked fine before this update.
    04-12-10 10:13 PM
    Not sure how I missed this thread (out of the four bazillion other, .607 threads), but it's being discussed everywhere. So, I'll repeat it here. I had the same problem. .320 worked fined with my Jawbone Prime but with .607, I can't hear much of anything. I had an important call the other day while driving and I had to tell them "let me call you back when I get to a landline, I cannot understand a thing you're saying." Given that many states are banning all non-hands-free cell phone use while driving, it's incumbent upon RIM/VZW to repair this ASAP!

I was on the phone with VZW about this this morning, just to see what they said. Of course, it was "gee, hadn't heard about this" and ultimately, they transferred me to RIM who said pretty much the same thing, but also promised that "RIM and VZW are actively working on solutions to the problems with .607." Don't anyone hold their breath or it will be "BlueFaces."

Jawbone Prime: Paired/Deleted/Repaird/Still worthless
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-13-10 at 12:18 AM.
    04-12-10 11:04 PM
    I tried everything and finally decided to go back to .320. My bluetooth works perfectly with .320. I hope they find a fix for this soon. Until then I will use .320
    04-12-10 11:16 PM
    My Jawbone Prime went from hero to zero with this update. I loved my jawbone but with the update volume went to next to useless. I deleted the profile and re-paired it with no effect. This update fixed a bunch of problems, but this bluetooth thing is troublesome. My wife has the same setup with the same problems. I guess my next call is to RIM, maybe if enough people called they will move a little quicker.
    04-14-10 12:38 PM
    Same problem here. My internal car bluetooth is almost too low to hear, now, when before it was almost too loud. (Infiniti M35).
    04-14-10 01:05 PM
    ...had to downgrade.
    Had the same volume problem with my Jawbone Prime. Unusable in the car. Downgraded to Seanren78 9550 v8.5 hybrid over 517 OS. Volume back up. iheartradio works. Seems to be "more bars in more places". Don't know about the BBM problem as I don't use it. Everything else looks like it works OK. VZW messed up releasing 607 as official.
    04-14-10 01:44 PM
    You know, the saving grace out of all this is, "there's company in misery." LOL...I ALWAYS feel better when I learn "it's not just me" and that there's others trying to find fixes and workarounds.

That VZW even ALLOWED this release, with something as simple, obvious and important as bluetooth working, is what really amazes me. I mean, if it were some obscure issue burried deep within the bowels of the OS or some app, then it would be understandable. But Bluetooth? C'mon, VZW, get a grip! You should have slapped RIM upside the head the moment they passed this along to you, because they should have noticed this as well.

...had to downgrade.
    Had the same volume problem with my Jawbone Prime. Unusable in the car. Downgraded to Seanren78 9550 v8.5 hybrid over 517 OS. Volume back up. iheartradio works. Seems to be "more bars in more places". Don't know about the BBM problem as I don't use it. Everything else looks like it works OK. VZW messed up releasing 607 as official.
    04-14-10 01:51 PM
    Any idea if that have a fix in the works? My bluetooth is almost completely worthless.
    05-06-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD